Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Passing ACRaw color classified point to Photoshop color classified tool

Jun 28, 2012 10:07 AM

Tags: #color #tool #classifier #acraw

Is it possible open in photoshop an image that had been worked on ACRaw with the same (1,2,3,...) pointed color classified pixels (in photoshop "counter tool" can be used)?

The tool is color classifier on ACRaw and it could be Counter tool on Photoshop.

Is it possible to have a script to get a work arround with the same result?

I'm interested also on getting the x,y values and not the color.

ex.jpg

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 28, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to Pedro Marques

I don't use that feature, but if they show back up again when you open a raw input file a second time that means they're stored as metadata.

If you set your system to store metadata in a sidecar XMP file (rather than the central database), you could conceivably find and read that data, since XMP is just text.

Of course, Camera Raw can't be set to avoid writing the metadata back into some kinds of input files, so depending on your input file format you might not find the sidecar XMP file.  If you're opening JPEG or DNG, among others, you're out of luck.

I am currently lobbying for a setting to force Camera Raw to always avoid writing back into any kind of input files:  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add_an_option_to _prevent_writing_back_into_input_files

Please add your +1 if such a setting would help you with your goal to always be able to read settings from an XMP file, e.g., with a script.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 4:48 AM   in reply to Pedro Marques

Hasta ahora caigo en cuenta de que te refieres al "gotero" ("eyedropper tool").  Lo que todavía no entiendo es lo de "classified".  ¿Clasificado?  Perdona, pero no está muy claro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to Pedro Marques

Pues sigo sin darme por enterado.  En Adobe Camera Raw existe una herramienta llamada «Color Sampler», que viene siendo una herramienta para tomar muestras de colores, y tiene un ícono simbólico en forma de gotero, o sea gotero de muestreo.

Color Sampler Tool in ACR 7_1.png

Si Adobe «tradujo» muestreo y muestras al castellano como Classificaciones (¡Con doble s, como aparece en tu captura de pantalla!), fue una metedura de pata monumental. 

¡Las cosas que se ven en Internet!

Casi me inclino por apostar por una copia pirateada del programa.

Color Classifier es otra cosa muy diferente: 

http://www.chromaus.com/product_7211_Solar_Cell_Color_Classifier.php

No sé qué quieres decir con " mui "  ¿Muy ridículo?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:13 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

If Noel and/or the ACR team know what this poster is talking about when he refers to the Color Sampler tool as "Color Classifier", please shed some light on this. 

I'm at a complete loss here. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 29, 2012 5:31 PM   in reply to station_two

I just assumed he was talking about the sampler, given the picture, and was hoping to import the positions as samplers in Photoshop proper.  I didn't understand that literally; it took some reading between the lines.  I don't know Spanish, so I just assumed "sampling" was somehow obviously related to "classifying" via quirks of translation.  Apparently that's not the case.

Classifiers.jpg

And I'm sorry I didn't know whether those samplers remained with the metadata; it's too bad that apparently they don't.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 6:04 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

'Tis a puzzlement, indeed!  

Thanks for the gallant try, Noel. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 1:50 AM   in reply to Pedro Marques

Pedro Cortez Marques wrote:

ex.jpg

The more I look at that massive misspelling in that button, the more I suspect this is an unauthorized version of ACR/Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 2, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to station_two

Not knowing the nuances of Spanish myself, what specifically is the issue you see?  That the person doing the translation should interpret "sampler" as "classifier"?

Now you've piqued my interest in the process used to create localized versions...

I wonder how familiar the folks doing such translations are with the product itself.  I can almost imagine a conversation...  "What means 'samplers'?"  "These little things."  "What do you do with them?"  "You get a reading of the color at that point and put it up here."  "You mean like a 'classification' of the color into a table?"  "Yeah, something like that."

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

It goes way beyond that, Noel.  Even if the mistranslation were allowed to stand by agreement of two clueless, improvised translators, as you suggest, the button reads "Apagar Classificadores", a coarse, massive misspelling unlikely for any native Spanish speaker with even a second-grade education.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Notice that the OP would have us believe that "the tool is called 'Color Classifier' in English".  (En Inglés, la herramienta se llama "Color classifier").

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 2, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to station_two

Interesting.  When I passed "Classificadores" through some machine translators some of them came up with the proposal that the phrase is spelled properly in Portuguese.

Could we perhaps be seeing a Portuguese version of Photoshop?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 10:44 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel,

Good catch!  I deleted my previous response to this last post of yours, as I now see a further clue that the OP is indeed a Portuguese speaker.  That clue is his spelling of "mui" (very) which is the correct Portuguese pronunciation.  In Spanish it would be "muy".

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 11:38 PM   in reply to station_two

All this is very interesting but...to the OP's question, no the color sampers in ACR are NOT stored nor transfered anywhere (in fact not stored between launches of ACR).So, forget about it...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points