Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Superimposition Project

Jun 29, 2012 12:42 PM

Working with PhotoShop version 7.  I write to inquire if this version has the capacity to do the following:

• Superimpose short videos over the display space of the image of a mobile device
  • Superimpose short scrolling text over the superimposed videos

Hoping for guidance from someone who has actually done such a projectVerizon HTC Phone.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

Photoshop 7 had no real video capability.

You probably want Photoshop CS6 to do that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

after you get photoshop cs6-

you can animate scrolling text. here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150962679441832&set=a.359717 31831.43632.749361831&type=1&theater

how to use video in photoshop:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/short-and-suite/using-video-in-photoshop-cs4 /

goodluck,

janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

after you get photoshop cs6-

You are going to have to get cs6. sorry.

janelle

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,879 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 29, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to janelle_f

That's one heck of a jump, and one heck of a price to pay as well, if just for this project.  Would Photoshop Elements, or The Gimp (I have never used either) do it?  How about a Lite version of a NLE video editor?  Premiere Elements perhaps?  Or, dare I say it, a none Adobe product.

I guess if the OP is a quick learner, he has 30 days to finish his project with the Trial.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:08 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

I believe that you have gotten the answer to your question, "... can I add Video in PS ver. 7... ), but to do what you want, though depending on your final delivery, you can do what you want to accomplish in another Adobe program, Premiere Elements. It is a Non Linear Editor (NLE) for Video, and it can marry Still Images and Video very well. The process is referred to as PiP (Picture in Picture). It is also a very inexpensive program, as many Adobe programs go, but offers quite a bit of power. I would explore it.

Should you have any questions about the program's capabilities, there is a very active Premiere Elements Forum, with a lot of knowledgeable people there.

Please be sure to state your desired delivery scheme, as with most NLE programs, there are limitations, once one gets beyond standard Video.

Also, Adobe After Effects, a full-featured compositing program, can do that too, but it is NOT inexpensive, and has a pretty fair learning curve.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor,

PrElements is my suggestion, though there CAN be some limitations, if one needs to go beyond traditional Video for delivery.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 7:20 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

Now, I cannot tell you about Pr 6.0 (came on board at 7.0/PrPro 1.0), but I think that you have Corner Pin in the Effects>Video Effects, that should do what you want.

I would recommend posting to the PrPro CS 4 & Earlier Forum, as some Pr 6.0 folk can be very helpful - see you there.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 29, 2012 7:49 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

If you're talking about doing it in your old version of Photoshop, once you've pasted it as a new layer, try Edit - Transform - Scale, then drag the corner.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 7:07 PM   in reply to dcacrobat

Yes I think you can by using a mask on your video since I assume it is on the top layer.

But you could just place it behind the phone with a cutout/transparency where the video is to be displayed.

From last image tho it looks like you stretched the image to fit and the distortion is rather noticeable/undesireable; you can probably crop/size better to get a better quality result.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points