• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is Adobe crashing and giving me "script " error messages?

Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe crashing and giving me "script" error messages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vickib425 wrote:

Why is Adobe crashing and giving me "script" error messages?

Do you really want to know the why, or are you interested in a solution/workaround to your problem? In either case, we would need to know at least if you are on a Mac or a Win machine, and the verdsion of your OS. Also, what Adobe program you are talking about, including version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in a solution to this problem. I am on Windows Vista 7, and am asking about Adobe 9.3 or 9.6? the newest version! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also help if you provide the complete and exact text of any error messages you encounter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"script has stopped working" then it has 2 boxes to check, 1 is "continue script" or "stop script"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course, if by Adobe you mean Adobe Reader or another Adobe program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a difference between Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player? This is happening when I am playing games on FB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say that this error does not sound like it's coming from Reader, so yes, it could be something else like Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes it is Flash Player. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your web browser & version?

What is your Flash Player version?

For both see http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_the_Flash_Player_ver...

[moving topic to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.3.300.262, Web browser Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you get that script error; can you provide a link?

In the meantime I suggest that you do a clean reinstall of Flash Player; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Download the installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if we can get you the details you need here:

I'm getting the same Action Script pop-up on WinXP Sp3 32-bit and Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit systems, both running Seamonkey 2.10.1 with the Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1, so this is the same browser as Firefox 13.0.1.

The Action script pop-up has a Dismiss and Continue button and on WinXP clicking Dismiss seems to close the pop-up window and allow the Flash Player to work normally, at least for a while; clicking Continue results in repetitions of the Action Script pop-up - takes some time to come up again so not 100% sure on this behavior.  On Win7, the Action Script pop-up window does not respond to clicking either button, the browser appears to be hung and after a minute or so a message comes up in the Flash player box saying the Flash Player has crashed and to reload the page to retry.

Here are the contents of the Action Script pop-up:

ActionScript.JPG

I have experienced this on a couple of different sites, notably the Animated Map at weather.com which I get to through my Yahoo login.  Here's the URL, which may or may not work for you, since I get there through my Yahoo ID login:

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USNJ0523:1:US?animation=true&site=ca.yahoo.com&cm_ite...

I am using Flash Player 11.3.300.262 downloaded from this URL:

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

I hope this provides the necessary info to pursue this. Please let me know if you need more.

I tacked this on to this thread since it seems relevant but if you want a fresh thread, please specify.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing so many good info; unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows XP with Firefox 13.0.1, nor on Windows 7 with Waterfox 13.  (I can see the animated weather map fine.)

I still do not understand why ActionScript debug messages pop up; this should only occur when the debug player is installed.

Did you try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the info! Hoping this works for me. I appreciate it!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for getting back.  On my WinXP system, which is my primary system, I did the clean install: ran the uninstaller, cleaned out any remaining iles in %appdata% folders etc. and did a fresh install of both the IE ActiveX version of Flash and the "other browser" plugin.  On my first attempt to go to the animated weather map at weather.com it worked fine - no pop-up or problem... BUT then I tried again -- used the browser back button to get back to my Yahoo home page and then clicked through to the weather.com animated map -- and the pop-up came back and on one occasion even hung the browser for a minute or so until the Flash box failed.

I had the Flashblock extension for Seamonkey installed and thought that might be suspect so disabled it but no difference.  I wonder if this problem is related to some of the other plugins or extensions I have installed in Seamonkey?  I don't have a complete list handy -- to tell the truth I can't see a way to get a nice listing from Seamonkey -- but I do recall recently updating the Java to version 7 update 5.  Let me know if there's anything else you want me to try.

As for the pop-ups only appearing in the debug version, I double-checked that the installer I used for Flash 11.3.300.262 came from the URL I mentioned in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your feedback! I tried this one and will see if it works for me. I appreciate it !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web browser is Firefox, Flash Player is 11.3.300.262!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines