Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CS6 Help menu not working

May 18, 2012 9:16 PM

I have downloaded Audition CS6. When I go to 'Help' i get error 10. Is there no help file with the trial?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to namned

I believe help files should be available.  Did you receive an error when trying to install?  Which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to namned

Ok moving this discussion to the Audition CS5.5 & CS6 forum.  The users in this forum should be able to assist with troubleshooting steps which are specific to Audition.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to namned

Can you provide a little more information about your system? For example, did you recently uninstall Audition CS5.5 or any CS5 application?

If so, one fix might be to simply reinstall CS6.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 3:57 PM   in reply to namned

I'm seeing the same thing - Adobe Help Manager says Audition Reference is not available. Download today the trial version today and then activated the licensed version on a Win 7 64 system.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Wrldtvlr

Just wondering, having been 5 days out from the original question, are anyone's help files working?  I also cannot access these, so this would appear to be an issue in the program. I remember this happening w AA 3.0 initially and Adobe provided the files later in some fashion which I can't remember exactly.  Rather than allowing people to keep re-installing and faulter about, can someone official simply say:

1) "Cannot understand what is happening, help files and connecting points appear to load and work fine in our instances".

or

2) "Yep, it's a f*# kup and we just need a little time to sort it out".

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to buzshaws

The best Help I've come up with is the online page.  http://helpx.adobe.com/audition/topics.html

In this thread, Mr Kopriva says the pdf's going to be available about June.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1002754?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to namned

Note that unlike CS5.5, CS6 Help simply appears in a web browser, rather than a separate Adobe Help application. (The CS6 Adobe Help Manager functions primarily as a download utility for PDFs. PDF Help will become available sometime in June.)

We have not been able to consistently reproduce the problem. Some follow up questions below. "Namned" has already answered most of these, but we're looking for patterns:

- Are you all on Windows?

- Did you all have Audition CS5.5 installed at one time?

- How are you accessing Help when the error occurs? The Help > Adobe Audition Help command?

- Have you received any error messages specifically mentioning Adobe AIR or Adobe Help Viewer?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to Mark Wheeler

If it helps, I installed Audition CS6 on a clean Win 7 64, relatively fresh system that had no previous Audition installs. I access help through the Audition help menu (F1) and get the online help in the browser with no problems, no error messages. As far as I can tell,  there's no way to request the offline help file from within Audition.

When I bring up Adobe Help Manager, I see all my Adobe products listed, status showing current for all except Audition. That shows Not Available.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    May 15, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to Wrldtvlr

Wrldtvlr wrote:

If it helps, I installed Audition CS6 on a clean Win 7 64, relatively fresh system that had no previous Audition installs. I access help through the Audition help menu (F1) and get the online help in the browser with no problems, no error messages. As far as I can tell,  there's no way to request the offline help file from within Audition.

When I bring up Adobe Help Manager, I see all my Adobe products listed, status showing current for all except Audition. That shows Not Available.

That is correct. Despite what other bits of Adobe might think, this is the current situation. Online help is available, but the download pdf isn't - as Todd Kopriva says, it's due in June.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Wrldtvlr

Oh, that's clever... Help Manager now downloads a single page PDF with a notice that states the full file will be available in June.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    May 19, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to Wrldtvlr

Wrldtvlr wrote:

Oh, that's clever... Help Manager now downloads a single page PDF with a notice that states the full file will be available in June.

Which is exactly what we said earlier in the thread, of course!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 9:22 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

If there's news on the PDF tomorrow (last day of June) it would be nice if someone could add that here. 

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jun 29, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to namned

To be fair, what Todd actually said was "I think that's supposed to happen in June" - which is rather less specific than that...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:24 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

However the official online Adobe Audition CS6 Help page states

"Adobe plans to offer downloadable PDF and offline versions of product Help for Creative Suite 6 products in June."

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:31 AM   in reply to ryclark

Clearly the best laid plans of mice and Adobe gang aft agley an' lea'e us nought but grief and pain for promis'd joy!

....or something.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to ryclark

But ryclark it's still the 29th of June where I am - still plenty of time ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to SuiteSpot

30th here now.  They're cutting it fine if they're going to do June!

Hey Durin...take note of this and remind corporate next time they tell you a release date is immovable!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to Bob Howes

I'm in the same time zone as Audition Central.  Bags of time left.  39h 25m. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to therealdobro

It's already two hours into the 30th here!

That's your trouble, Dobro...always living in the past!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to Bob Howes

The Help material is REALLY close.  I've been previewing it on the staging server, which means it's getting ready to go public very soon.  I don't have an exact day or H:M:S yet, but I'll share what I can, when I can.

Starting tomorrow, Adobe US will be shut down for the week and I'll be in a camper somewhere around Redwood trees and ocean beaches, so the official Adobe posts might be a bit slim in here.  Save 'em up and give me something to do the following Monday morning when I'm back.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to _durin_

Redwoods and ocean?  How long do you think it will take you to wind down and resonate with that?  3 days?  3 hours?  3 beers?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to Bob Howes

Hey Durin...take note of this and remind corporate next time they tell you a release date is immovable!

No, don't hold them to that, then we wouldn't even get to know ANY intentions until after it happens!  I can be patient, prefering that to being left in total darkness. This arrangement is much better than "we're working on it and it will be soon".  June means soon, so I like having projected ETA's, even if it's a bit off, as it helps keeps things closer to task than without it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to buzshaws

Audition CS6 Help should be live now!

Just got word from the documentation team that this wave of documentation and information has gone live.  Get there from within Audition Help menu, or visit http://helpx.adobe.com/audition/topics.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to _durin_

Excellent work again from the Audition team!

I had faith that you guys would deliver in June even if it was the 30th ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 7:41 PM   in reply to _durin_

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to _durin_

Thanks Durin but at 7:45pm on a Friday night you should be out of that office and heading for those Redwoods!

You and your team's dedication is much appreciated by all

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to SuiteSpot

Harrumff...trust Adobe to spoil my fun about missing the June date (even if they did cut it very fine, at least on Australian time!).

Now, get out to those redwoods Durin!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to Bob Howes

Here are links to the documents for all CS6 applications, in both PDF and HTML format:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for- creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to Bob Howes

Bob Howes wrote:

It's already two hours into the 30th here!

That's your trouble, Dobro...always living in the past!

The reason for that is because I use Audition.  It's a post-production tool.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points