Skip navigation
jerrypope
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get Tracker to find a shared review PDF initiated in another domain?

Jun 29, 2012 12:25 PM

I initiated a shared review for a PDF and stored it on a network server in domain X. Subseqauently, the server was moved into a different domain, call it Y.

Now, Acrobat Tracker can't find the PDF ... and reviewers can no longer  access the PDF.

How can I get Tracker to find the PDF in the new domain Y?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 7:59 PM   in reply to jerrypope

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 12:39 AM   in reply to jerrypope

No, this is not possible. You need to initiate the review again. This is because the review server information is embedded inside the PDF and when you change the review server, the JavaScript embedded in PDF still refers to the old server. So Tracker is unable to locate the review PDF.

If the old review has comments by other reviewers, you can save it as an archive and initiate review on new server on this new PDF. This way all the review comments can be retained in the PDF but they will be published "on behalf of" the initiator now.

Hope that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 2:42 AM   in reply to jerrypope

You can very much edit the DB in all the releases. Tracker keeps track of its reviews' list via the DB. But here the javascript is embedded inside the PDF (this is embedded when you initiate a review) and that is not getting changed when you change the review server. Tracker has no role to play here. Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 12:17 AM   in reply to jerrypope

Its present at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Acrobat\<version>\Synchron izer\metadata

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points