Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Digital Editions for Playbook

Dec 6, 2011 7:55 PM

I was told that during summer 2011 this would become available(sorry, don't have the name or contact of the peron who told me this)..  Nothing has happened yet.  I bought the Playbook so I could download books using Digital editons, as this is what the publishers are using to  make advance copies of books available to reviewers.  Now I have the books on my desktop, but can't get them onto my Playbook.  Any suggestions?  Can I move them from the Digital editions to Adobe Reader? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 22, 2011 3:40 PM   in reply to HeatherDPear

Not a reply but sympathy.  I've got the same problem.   RIM and Adobe and Kobo, etc. can't or won't get their act together to benefit the customer.  What will we Playbook owners do when RIM goes down the drain with this attitude?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 1:56 AM   in reply to ronieff

I am really upset,because they are not answering. No chance, not as email or here.

Badly and not really good advertisment.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to Sweeney70

Well, on their compatible devices page, there is mention of quite a few, not sure if, since Kobo is listed, that it would work on a Playbook. I am really disappointed at the whole thing, RIM device users once again seems to have gotten marginalized, isolated, I have a Playbook and how nice it would be just to download a freaking book, and play it there...How nice that would be. But no, it's not compatible with most of the WORLD!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to morisn12

On the "compatible device page" is Kobo Dekstop listet.

I suggested this would mean, I can import my books from ADE to Kobo Desktop, and then they will appear in my library.

But there is no way. No I don't understand what it means "compatible" in this sentence.

Could anyone help me?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points