Hey guys! So recently my copy of Adobe Premiere (Version 5.0.3) began freezing my computer after working in it for more than a few moments. The mouse would no longer respond, the keyboard would no longer respond, any audio playing would glitch into a bit of a machine-gun like sound, and the only thing I could do was hold down the power button and restart the computer. Since then, it has done this many times (Every time I have the program open, really) and here are some things I noticed
- The program freezes the computer regardless of what i'm doing in it. I don't actually have to be working on something, it just has to be open for more than a few moments, and eventually the computer will freeze.
- It freezes at both 5.0.0 and at 5.0.3. I've also reinstalled it twice, to no avail.
- I do not have any pirated adobe products on my computer, so it can't be something like that messing it up.
- It will remain frozen no matter how long I leave it sit.
- It freezes using footage straight from the Camera (Canon 7d), footage put through Mpeg-streamclip, footage downloaded from video copilot, and footage captured from FRAPs.
- It is the only Adobe product I have that seems to do this, having worked in Photoshop and After Effects with no problems.
- When rendering videos, the CPU is running at 100%. Some have said this is normal, but it's only at 15-30% on my friends computer while he's rendering so I'm a bit confused.
I'm on an Alienware Aurora R3, Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, and two Nvidia GTX460's. I have 8gb of ram (4 currently allocated to Premiere, but it also froze with 6), and I have a 2tb hard drive that is currently about half full. I'm trying to be as detailed as possible here, but if i've missed anything, just ask.
If anyone has any idea what's going on, a response would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!