Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop cs6-Only online help?

May 8, 2012 7:54 PM

Is the online help the only way to see the help files?

No help application as in photoshop cs5?

Will there be a pdf for viewing when no internet connection is available?

Added: Also there does not appear to be a list of keyboard shortcuts in the photoshop cs6 online help.

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to R_Kelly

For local viewing, a downloadable Help PDF will be available in June.

Keyboard shortcuts can be found here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSD578BD7D-07BC-46f6-AA C2-6E491E8AD818a.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to R_Kelly

Thanks for that feedback, will definitely share it. Combining versions has some advantages for search success, but it can be more difficult to parse the information once you find it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to Mark Wheeler

Hello Mark,

Where can i find the downloadable PDF of all the shortcuts for Photoshop CS6? 

Thanks.

-josh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to jjwithers

Unfortunately, the PDF isn't available yet. Watch the Help & Tutorials section of the page below for a PDF announcement later this month:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to Mark Wheeler

Wouldn't it be possible for Adobe to upload a Preliminary version of the PDF which would at least offer some help until you get the final draft posted?

There are so many new features in CS6 that documentation is essential and it is not good that this is still not available a month after CS6 shipped.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:28 PM   in reply to Mark Wheeler

But is there any full online help ?

I mean i have not found there any complete description of all the new video panel menu and feature .

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to XR21

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to John Waller

this is not a complete help man.

its just some features descibed...

I need a real help file with all function described like the one we had in CS5

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to XR21

This page provides an overview, video tutorial links, and instructions that help you find the new features in the application.

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/photoshop/using/new-video-featu res-photoshop-cs6.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 5:22 PM   in reply to Mark Wheeler

Here are links to the documents for all CS6 applications, in both PDF and HTML format:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for- creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Come on, guys...

From the link you provide:

"The CS6 link actually goes to a document that includes information about CS5, CS5.5/CS5.1, and CS6 versions of the application—all together. Unfortunately, there is no document for just the CS6 version of each application."

Sigh...  

Check out the title of this thread:  'Re: Photoshop cs6-Only online help?'

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 7:04 PM   in reply to station_two

Station - the document I found ( http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf  matching http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/topics.html ) was CS6 only.  But I know they've been updating the files and links over the past 24 hours, so you might have seen something stale.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 30, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Chris Cox wrote:

Station - the document I found ( http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf  matching http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/topics.html ) was CS6 only.  But I know they've been updating the files and links over the past 24 hours, so you might have seen something stale.

The PDF photoshop_reference.pdf needs to be updated for CS6 automation at least. The corrent pdf documents CS5 and does not note that one needs to download optional things from the Adobe web site that use to be installd by Adobe Photoshop installer like Scriptingdocumentation, Script examples and the Scriptlistner Plug-in While CS5 and prior Photoshop installers installe these the Photoshop CS6 installer does not these are available from the Adobe Web site for downloading and manual installing.  Please give us an up to date photoshop_reference.pdf. However  I can wait for I would rather see the CS6 reported bugs fixed first....

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-cs61.html#id_68 969

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 8:18 PM   in reply to JJMack

The PDF photoshop_reference.pdf needs to be updated for CS6 automation at least.

Apart from an introductory "What's new" section, the text and (blurry) images seem to be 99.99% CS5 documentation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 8:20 PM   in reply to conroy

That is... interesting.

We will have to talk to the documentation group and see what is going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 8:33 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Chris (and others):

That is the intent for the documentation for CS6: that it be in the same document as CS5 and CS5.1. As a member of the video products' development team, I don't like this, either. That's why I included a link to the Community Help forum in that blog post, so that you'd know where to give your feedback about this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 9:27 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

Chris (and others):

That is the intent for the documentation for CS6: that it be in the same document as CS5 and CS5.1...

Every single Adobe executive up the chain of command who is even partially responsible for that astonishing, feeble-minded decision henceforth deserves the unqualifed epithet of idiot.

Waaaay beyond angry!   

Todd and Chris, we know you two are not among that group of morons.  I'm referencing the corporate, bureaucratic zombies.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 9:36 PM   in reply to station_two

Todd - that's what I was afraid of.

We will have to take this up after the July holidays.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 9:50 PM   in reply to station_two

station_two,

Please give that feedback here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites/communityhelp

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 10:20 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 1:43 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 5:05 PM   in reply to Gerry A White

Gerry,

What you're reading, as evidenced by your link, is not the CS6-Only documentation, for that does NOT exist.  Read a bit more carefully before disseminating misleading information!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 11:30 PM   in reply to station_two

What is it then? Opens as PDF! Saves as PDF!

The link states from the CS6 help page it is available! Yet you appear to disagree with the evidence! It can be read offline I believe too! So just what is it then?

Shoot the messenger why don't you! Again!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:42 AM   in reply to Gerry A White

Gerry,

So you opened and saved it, fine.  But did you bother actually to read it?

What you have there is a disjointed collection of links to various non-Adobe and Adobe-sites describing some of the new features, stuck together on top of documentation for CS 5, CS 5.1 and CS5.5

It doesn't even have a bloody index, for Pete's sake!

It is a PDF, big deal, no one said it wasn't a lousy PDF.  What I called you on was your including the damn link in a manner and in a thread that passes it of as the promised CS6-Only HELP documentation, which it categorically is not.

What we have a right to expect is the actual HELP files in PDF format, or a proper User Guide like there has been in the past, and which we can consult for each and every feature of CS6 without having to wonder whether each individual line or paragraph actually relates to CS6 and not to one of the three earlier versions included in that bloated blurb, which does not even remotely constitute adequate documentation.

Your post was particularly offensive and misleading because you personally claimed to have been reading it, while in reality you were just "opening and saving it" and all you can say about it is that "it is a PDF!" Well, wooptydoo to you!

One thing is being the messenger, and another one is being complicit in a shameful scam perpetrated by Adobe on their customers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:43 AM   in reply to station_two

station_two,

There's no need to attack Gerry, who did not seem to be doing anything but trying to be helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:46 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I suppose strictly speaking you're right, Todd. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:54 AM   in reply to station_two

There is no need to be rude and abusive yourself either! Did I shout at you?  --  "So you opened and saved it, fine. But did you bother actually to read it?  " --

I was answering the original question in my original post!

"Your post was particularly offensive and misleading because you personally claimed to have been reading it, while in reality you were just "opening and saving it" and all you can say about it is that "it is a PDF!" Well, wooptydoo to you!"

Charming, very adult of you!

"One thing is being the messenger, and another one is being complicit in a shameful scam perpetrated by Adobe on their customers."

Get a life!!

You will obviously see this as a victory to yourself, if that pleases you then well done!

I do not intend to get into any further discussion with you regarding this anymore, you obviously have issues with Adobe over this and you treat me, a fellow human, the same!  An apology for your rudeness would be nice, but I doubt you even think you have done anything wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 2:11 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

This on-line / Pdf help needs to be re-done from scratch.  I am part of a team that teaches this to students at various levels of 'photoshop exposure', for example at a very basic level is the mis-mash of CS5.5  interface help screen with what is in front of the students is a CS6 tool pallet showing new features. Surely, this should be addressed during the beta mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to sparkies2

sparkies2 wrote:

This on-line / Pdf help needs to be re-done from scratch…

Without a doubt.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to R_Kelly

For a reference to Adobe Photoshop's keyboard shortcuts, take a look at the new Photoshop CS6 Quick Reference Guide. It is in its beta form, but it is a great way to find shortcuts, as well as find a menu location that might have changed from CS5. We are looking for your feedback, which you can contribute on the site as well.

janelle

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Oct 17, 2012 9:31 PM   in reply to janelle_f

I took a look.

Here is what I did I use the above link Photoshop CS6 Quick Reference Guide. checked Keyboard shortcuts and click the Update button.

After a short while the columns were updated. 

I opened updated PC Photoshop CS6 use Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts and use the set pull-down menu and chose Photoshop Defaults to make sure Adobe default were set. 

I the started to compare the shortcut listed in the Edit keyboard dialog to the ones listed in the quick guide.  When I reach row 3 Actual Pixels the Edit Keyboard dialog surprised me for it listed two shortcuts  "Ctrl+1" and "Alt+Ctrl+0".

So I closed the dialog to try them. 

First I use Ctrl+0 fit image on screen to enlarge as small image on screen in a floating window. It worked differently then in previous version of Photoshop. The image area was one pixel narrower and one pixel shorter the previous releases so the scroll bars were active where previous release they were inactive. So I dragged out the window to deactivate the scroll bars.

Then I tried Ctrl+1 it did zoom to 100% but it to made the image area one pixel narrower then it should be and one pixel shorter then the image area should be so the scroll bars were active till I dragged out the floating window to inactivate the scroll bars and show  the whole image.

I then tried ALT+Ctrl+0 the image was at 100% and remained 100% it resize the image are 1 pixel shorter then it should and one pixel narrower the it should be and the scroll bars were once again active. Previous versions of Photoshop resized floating windows correctly. 

However both shortcuts listed in the Edit Keyboard Dialog did zoom to 100%.  The Quick Reference Guide listed No PC shortcuts for View Actual Pixels it only listed cmd+1 for the Mac so first two row look good  third row not good.

Actual Pixels  Display the image at 100% View Menu view > actual pixels  More Help Cmd + 1

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points