Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Mysterious Floating Box in Illustrator CS6

May 16, 2012 8:05 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #error #lion #mac #bug #box #cs6 #cloud #floating #canvas

Hi,

In Illustrator CS6 - Cloud - there's an annoying box floating above my canvas in the upper left hand corner.  It is a transparent fill with a black stroke and a dark outer glow.

I've tried turning off every palette and window view, yet it still appears "above" the canvas window.  It goes away when the application loses focus but then returns after the application is brought to the foreground.  This has to be a bug?  Any ideas?

Mac Lion + Macbook Pro + 8GB + CS6 Cloud + Illustrator

Screen Captures attached... 

annoyingCS6.PNG
annoyCS6II.PNG

thanks,

mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2012 7:05 PM   in reply to mIIwaukee

I also see this floating box. I cannot seem to find any settings to remove it either...

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 8:48 PM   in reply to Schwarz-bier

If you guys see the sme box in the same locaion(s) I would guess it is a bug as well and certainly annoying and distracting, you did file a bug report correct?

Did you contact tech support?

Did you try traashing the preferences, repairing the permissions?

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:43 PM   in reply to mIIwaukee

There is another workaround in which you need not loose your workspace:

I have seen this happening on closing the Application Bar when it is floating, hence to get rid of this follow the following step:

- From Windows Menu Turn on "Application Bar'

If you want to keep the application bar closed, Move it above the control panel and drop it after the blue highlight is shwon so that it gets docked there, now you can close it from the window menu.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:49 PM   in reply to Anish Kumar

I already posted this on its own thread but Ijust noticed that there is an update for all of the CS6 apps so you might try that as well It fixed a cosmetic problem for me in Photoshop which was annoyig but not interferring with my work.

The update seemed to fix it.

So this might help get rid of the rectangle as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

Wade_Zimmerman wrote:

I already posted this on its own thread but Ijust noticed that there is an update for all of the CS6 apps so you might try that as well It fixed a cosmetic problem for me in Photoshop which was annoyig but not interferring with my work.

The update seemed to fix it.

An update for CS6? Where?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to shunithD

Actually I did a updates through the help files and it said it had updates for allthe applications and it then installed the updates but apparently it was some form of shared component or the like.

As none of the apps are running with a point release version? So I do not know what that was about.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 1:45 AM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

Thanks Wade...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers