Skip navigation
b2generator
Currently Being Moderated

PLEASE HELP--Rendering only captures center of composition!

Jul 1, 2012 1:22 PM

Hi, I'm new to After Effects.  I am trying to render a 10-sec, multi-layered 3D text logo, to import into Final Cut Pro Express.  After that, it will go to YouTube.   Everything looks great in Preview.  But when I render it, all I get is a gigantic, oversized closeup of whatever is in the center of the composition's screen!  I have rendered a different multi-layered composition and it came out normal. So I don't think it's the Preferences.  Details:  AE CS5.5 on Mac 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).  Using an older 2007 version Mac Pro 8-core, with 12GB RAM.  Composition contains 3D and 2D animated text, and still jpeg photos.  No error messages.  All content shows up on the preview screen.  But, when rendered, the screen is zoomed in to the middle of the composition.  There are no third party codecs or effects.  Have tried Open GL both off, and on.  Same result.  Tried different resolutions of rendering, etc.  No luck.  Please, does anyone have a solution?  Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to b2generator

Screenshots tell a lot. And what exactly are the comp and render settings?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to b2generator

Are you previewing using the Active Camera?  After Effects can't render from any camera views other than what is active in the timeline.

Have you got any scale or crop parameters set in the Render Queue Output Module?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 1:55 AM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

Yepp, thought of that as well 5 minutes after posting my comment. That would explain the issue as well.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points