10 Gigs Ram
Quad Core AMD Chip
The biggest reason I joined the cloud was to use Premiere Pro so that I could import SWF files.
In Premeire Elements 10 I could import an SWF perfectly well, even animted swf's
However, in PPro CS6, When I import it, it actually corrupts the file so that not all the objects display.
And this is how I proved it...
1) Created the SWF in FlashPro CS6
2) View SWF from within Windows Explorer... works perfectly!!
3) Made a COPY of the created SWF
4) Imported the original SWF into PPro CS6... not all objects show in the Monitor
5) I go back into Windows Explore and view SWF... and sure enough... some of the objects don't show up.
6) I view the COPY of the swf in Windows Explorer I made... AND ALL IS FINE
7) For good measure, I import the SWF into Elements... and it doesn't work either!!
And to kick myself in the head even more...
Before I joined the cloud... Flash SWF's worked perfectly in a trial version of PPro CS6.
Very dissapointed none the least.
What is with that?
I don't get it.
What is wrong with the import of SWF into PPro CS6
I did uncheck both boxes on the Preference, but it didn't work at first.
But, then I shut PPro down and tried again.
I had to resave the SWF from Flash and then reimport it... AND IT WORKS!!.
So, why is the XMP corrupting the SWF file?
To give you an idea... say I had two squares. One would show an the other wouldn't or none at all.
Thanks for your help!!
The XMP ID is a piece of metadata written into the file to identify it. Apparently, it is being injected in a way that damages the SWF file.
Please submit a bug report here so that the Premiere Pro engineers know that this has impacted you:
I was having the same problem. I disabled the XMP ID and the file is no longer being corrupted. However, the .swf file won't play at all. My sequence is just black. What am I doing wrong?
I have the same problem. I have a SWF file that I try to Import to Premier Pro CS5. When it imports it only shows it as being 1 second long and there's nothing to playback despite the SWF file playing fine and being over 28 seconds long? I imported the audio separately and it's fine. I've tried the above and it's still not working. How come?