Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why Does Flash (SWF) Get Corrupted When Imported?

Jul 1, 2012 4:57 AM

Hello,

Specs...

Windows 7

10 Gigs Ram

Quad Core AMD Chip

The biggest reason I joined the cloud was to use Premiere Pro so that I could import SWF files.

In Premeire Elements 10 I could import an SWF perfectly well, even animted swf's

However, in PPro CS6, When I import it, it actually corrupts the file so that not all the objects display.

And this is how I proved it...

1) Created the SWF in FlashPro CS6

2) View SWF from within Windows Explorer... works perfectly!!

3) Made a COPY of the created SWF

4) Imported the original SWF into PPro CS6... not all objects show in the Monitor

5) I go back into Windows Explore and view SWF... and sure enough... some of the objects don't show up.

6) I view the COPY of the swf in Windows Explorer I made... AND ALL IS FINE

7) For good measure, I import the SWF into Elements... and it doesn't work either!!

And to kick myself in the head even more...

Before I joined the cloud... Flash SWF's worked perfectly in a trial version of PPro CS6.

Very dissapointed none the least.

What is with that?

I don't get it.

What is wrong with the import of SWF into PPro CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to fwhilton

Do you have the Write XMP ID To Files On Import preference enabled? If so, disable it, and then try again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to fwhilton

The XMP ID is a piece of metadata written into the file to identify it. Apparently, it is being injected in a way that damages the SWF file.

Please submit a bug report here so that the Premiere Pro engineers know that this has impacted you:

http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I was having the same problem. I disabled the XMP ID and the file is no longer being corrupted. However, the .swf file won't play at all. My sequence is just black. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to SyneoMarketing

I have the same problem. I have a SWF file that I try to Import to Premier Pro CS5. When it imports it only shows it as being 1 second long and there's nothing to playback despite the SWF file playing fine and being over 28 seconds long? I imported the audio separately and it's fine. I've tried the above and it's still not working. How come?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to Quadzilla_1111

I am having this problem as well. Did anyone figure out the solution. Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points