Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to access Mocha AE CS6 from outside AE

Jun 19, 2012 3:52 PM

I worked on a project last night that involved sending a shot to Mocha AE from within CS6. All went without a hitch. I finished late but have a few more things to do in the Mocha Project before I send the shape data back to AE. So when I tried to open the Mocha file in the morning with the default Mocha for CS6 I get the error message " You can't opne the application mocha AE CS6 because it may be damaged or incomplete." So I also have Mocha Pro on my machine so I opened the project with that. That works fine. I then tried an experiment. I opened AE CS6 and as usual it comes up with the trial dailogue even though I am a subscriber to Creative Cloud and it's not trial softwareW ith a completely different piece of footage launched Mocha AE CS6 by using the send to Mocha or Track in Mocha command in AE. This launched fine. So is the only way I can access Mocha for CS6 through After Effects. If so it's very very annoying and yet another example of Adobes inflexibility to user workflows.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Richard

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to regsquires

Yes, that's just how it is.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 10:56 PM   in reply to regsquires

No point in complaining here. The whole of CS6 is irrational. Anyway, feel free to write a 1000 mails per day using this:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to regsquires

I agree. It's dumb and counter-productive. Maybe it's a way to keep users from violating their license? Were users were taking their Mocha AE CS5.x and moving it to systems that didn't have CSx installed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 2:58 AM   in reply to regsquires

it seems there is a bug regarding proper handling of bundled 3rd party plugins that require registration inorder to properly work.  Adobe needs to provide a 'kill switch' to the ISV's who bundle their plug-ins with AE in order address their cloud members.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:50 AM   in reply to Navarro Parker

Maybe it's a way to keep users from violating their license? Were users were taking their Mocha AE CS5.x and moving it to systems that didn't have CSx installed?

Of course that is the intention, but what should anyone care and why should honest users who properly paid for their software be punished this way? On how many systems can you install other vendors' plug-ins even if you only have one serial? That is to say such undertakings are pointless and a waste of everyone's time and resources. If a vendor doesn't protect his IP strongly enough, I feel it's not Adobe's place to make themselves an aide of a failed licensing scheme. And it's a lose-lose proposition in teh first place. I wouldn't even wanna know how many frustrated CS6 users are now happily using cracked versions of mocha Pro. All things considered it's a pretty stupid move. Adobe and everyone involved should simply get over it and haggle out proper licensing deals rather than futzing around with those crippled versions. Makes users much more happy...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points