Skip navigation
mpc6007
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading Elements 6 catalog to Lightroom 4.1

Jul 2, 2012 1:00 AM

I have upgraded my Elements 6 catalog to Lightoom 4.1.  The information regarding each photo is in the Lightroom Library as are all my tag. However - there are no photos!  Instead there is an exclamation mark with a message - Encountered problems reading photos.

Elements 6 and Lightroom  4.1 are installed on my laptop c drive and my photo are on a NASS.

Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 4:19 AM   in reply to mpc6007

Sounds like Lightrom can't find the photos.

Are the photos in the same location as they were for PSE? Did you move or rename them (or the folders that contain them)? For Windows, is this an external drive? If so, did the drive letter change?

What operating system?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 6:59 PM   in reply to mpc6007

The LR catalog upgrade from PSE doesn't recognize the locations of photos stored on NAS:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lightroom-3-cant-upgrade-phot oshop.html

Two possible workarounds:

1. In the left-hand Folders pane of LR, if the parent folder on the NAS containing all your pics' subfolders isn't showing, select one of the folders, right-click it, and do Show Parent Folder.  Keep doing that until the root folder of all your pics' subfolders is showing. Then right-click that root folder and do Update Folder Location and select the correct NAS location.

2. If that doesn't work, in PSE 6, move all the photos to a local drive. Then in LR upgrade the PSE catalog. In LR, move all the photos back to the NAS.  (Painful.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points