Skip navigation
Holm1891
Currently Being Moderated

Help to activate CS6

Jul 2, 2012 5:56 AM

Tags: #help #install #license #suite #upgrade #cs6 #snow_leopard #serial #number

Hei,

I've had problems with this in about 3 weeks. I tried to get help from you on the chat, but they have not managed to solve it. Had one of your technical support team that was on my mac in maybe 2 hours, but to cope with anything. They tried to uninstall and reinstall it without success. While installing it on another user on the Mac. It says that I have 32,000 days left of my trial, but I can not open the programs, or activate it with my serial code. What should I do? What is the problem? Can not I just get a new serial code of you and see if it works? Or what should I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to Holm1891

What version of Mac and which Adobe product you are facing issue with ?

Also , do you have any previous version already installed on teh machine like CS5 or CS5.5 ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Holm1891

I think having a previous version installed is a red herring: I have CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 installed on the same volume running 10.7.4 and have had absolutely no problems with activation. I know that permissions etc. can affect activation so I'd give the following a try: download a free maintenance untility called Onyx (http://www.titanium.free.fr/download.php) and, under Automation, add Execute Maintenance Scripts to the selected options (I click everthing, just to be sure, but be aware of what you're deleting). If you have more than one user account, go to Preferences/Behaviour and click All Accounts before you click Execute. There are other utilities out there, i.e. Disk Warrior (not free!), which can sometimes sort out other problems but Onyx is free so it's definitely worth a try.

Best of luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to Holm1891

Did they have you run the CS Clean Script: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Something is obviously hosed. Depending upon how much time you want to spend on the issue, sometime the easiest (though still incredibly painful) is to backup your data and program installers, then

Try re-installing your OS as an archive and install. See if you can install the suite now. If that doesn't work, a clean install should work, but that means wiping your drive clean, re-installing all apps, then data from backup. Painful yet, but it usually works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points