AOL 9.6 and Windows 2000

activnshvll@aol.com

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to activnshvll

Acrobat 5 did not have a 'repair' option.

Acrobat 5 had two ways of creating PDF files, the Adobe PDF Printer and PDFWriter (PDFWriter was a custom installation option).

Your best bet may be to simply uninstall Acrobat 5.0 from Add/Remove Programs and reinstall from your CD.

-David

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to activnshvll

The CD is the one on which the product came when you purchased it. If you do not have the CD, there is not a lot you can do. Here are some options to consider:

1. From the control panel>Add Remove Programs, look for Acrobat and select it. See if there is a repair option when you run it. You may need the CD to do the repair, in that case you need to find the CD (and the corresponding software key). There is no place to simply download Acrobat 5.

2. Depending on the version you have (hopefully newer than AA5.0), you can go to http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform= Windows and download the updates. The updates might resolve your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to activnshvll

Exactly same thing happens with me too when I was creating my assignment writing pdf files, I was also using outdated version of acrobat reader but when I reinstalled my Acrobat and Updated it then  my problem was automatically resolved I suggest you also the same thing to do ( Reinstall and Update ).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 2:12 PM   in reply to daaparker007

I believe the original poster is talking about Acrobat and not acrobat reader which is what it was called way back at version 5. Now it is simply Reader and does not create PDF's (it didn't when it was acrobat reader either).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points