Skip navigation
SoundGuy71
Currently Being Moderated

Garbled Audio in Rendered Files

Jul 2, 2012 11:42 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements_9 #rendered_audio #dolby_digital #rendered_mpegs

I am running Premiere Elements 9 under Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Yesterday, while attempting to render a short HD video, I noticed that the audio in all files rendered as HD (1920x1080) in MPEG format, consist of a series of 4 ms bursts @ 0dB followed by 27 ms of silence - which sounds like a series of clicks.  This also happens when the same source file is rendered as a low definition file, i.e., for DVDs.  Files rendered as AVI, WMV, or MOV do not exhibit this problem. 

Upon closer examination, I find that the audio output common to these formats is Dolby Digital.  Using an MPEG preset (NTSC DVD Widescreen) which offers another audio option (PCM), the rendered audio was perfect.  So, it would seem that the problem is related to the Dolby Digital codec.

Has anybody else encountered this? Any suggestions for corrective action?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to SoundGuy71

Hi, I suggest encoding the audio indo a different codec. You can use vlc media player for this!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to everythingcomputers

A lot also depends on your source for the original audio, and which project settings you selected when you started your Premiere Elements project.

Other possible issues are outdated Windows 7 drivers. Go to Windows Update and ensure that all -- EVEN THE NON-CRITICAL -- updates have been downloaded and installed. (Most drivers don't download automatically.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 6:40 PM   in reply to SoundGuy71

Well, an Audition generated, PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, is as good as it gets. You did Export from Au as a PCM/WAV, correct?

I have not read of anyone encountering such distortion.

Now, I usually Export to DD AC3, though in my case, I am using PrPro and the Minnetonka Audio SurCode DD 5.1 SS Encoder, to produce DD 5.1 SS AC3, that go into my DVD-Authoring program (Adobe Encore), for inclusion onto DVD-Video discs.

Much of my Audio work is done in Au and other audio-editing programs. I have never experienced such problems, and cannot think of any reason, why you should.

Good luck, and wish that I had more.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I remember reading something about possible problems in certain applications when exporting files in Audition with embedded metadata and markers. There's an option to include or exclude that data when saving or exporting a file. You might want to try saving files in Auditon with that option turned off and see if that makes a difference in Premiere Elements. There was also something else, but I can't remember what it was.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to SoundGuy71

Soundguy,

Great news, and thank you for posting the "cause," and also your "fix" for the problem.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points