Skip navigation
Jerry Cannon
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Jun 12, 2012 6:44 PM

Have anyone seen this error on Lion Yet?  While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm the following JavaScript error(s) occurred: at line 173 ...cs6:Configuration:ServerBehaviors:PHP_MySQL:DeleteRecprd.js": -ColumnList has no properties

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2012 12:41 AM   in reply to Jerry Cannon

Hi,

YES! I get exactely the same error!..

as you said: when trying to delete a record (PHP_MySQL) I got this error... the strange thing however is that I was in the middle of the site (i.e. I created several "delete records" before on other pages - without problem).. and then suddenly this error came up..

hope we get an answer soon... (have to finish my site )

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 4:44 AM   in reply to inwebsname

please... does anyone knows how to solve this ~weird~ problem?.. Is this a bug? Are there more people having this error?..

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to inwebsname

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-d reamweaver-cs4.html

Start with 12 & 4 and go through the rest only if necessary.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 11:45 AM   in reply to SnakEyez02

Hi SnakeEyez02,

thanks for the info!.. for a moment I thought it would get solved, but unfortunately.. nothing did the trick..

- as suggested I started with 12,

- then 4

and so on... I've created a brand new page, checked the database (created a test tbl with another name, just in case), I checked all the latest versions of the extensions, disabled & enabled the extensions,.... but am still at the same starting point:

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CS6:Configuration:ServerBehaviors:PHP_MySQL:DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

when I check this file/line(s):

171   else if (control == "PrimaryKeyParameterValue")

172   {

173     var columnInfo = _ColumnList.getValue();

174     if (columnInfo)

175     {

176       var paramValue = _PrimaryKeyParameterValue.getValue();

177       var paramType = _PrimaryKeyParameter.getValue();

178       var paramInfo = dwscripts.getParameterCodeFromType(paramType, paramValue, "");

179       columnInfo.setVariableName(paramInfo.nameVal);

180     }

181   }

I really hope someone got this same error solved... my technical skills are not sufficient to figure this one out...

All tips / help appreciated!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to inwebsname

In this case if you search on internet you will get the answer or you can go on website w3cschool for all the information about your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to manoj9585

nice.. a product at such a price and no customer service in case of problems with the program itself? ("search internet or go on w3school??")...

I've uninstalled & reinstalled Dreamweaver and the problem persists.
    If I could "fix these problems myself" I wouldn't be in the forum to start with..
    Secondly: I'm no programmer & better not fiddle with the code.

Is there anyone from Adobe around who can spend a moment to look in this problem, please?

again, thanks for asistance,

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to Jerry Cannon

Hi Jerry

thanks! that gave me already some info! (now at least i know it's a 'bug' and there will be a fix), cheers

I call them tomorrow (today was too late) & will post back here as well if I get a fix as well.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to Jerry Cannon

Hi Jerry,

this really looks ugly... is Adobe really planning on getting all cs6 users stuck with this error until they release the next update? I'm not willing to pay $250 either to fix an error in a software that's completely new and is supposed to work without errors.

I got more or less the same info via chat, at this moment there simply is noone qualified to fix this, and was asked to call the technical department (no email, no chat).

At this point I'm forced to install a previous version from DW in order to complete the site I'm working on. Let's hope that lets me at least finish the project.

Will be checking here as well and hope that Adobe Technical Dept finds a fix soon for all CS6 users!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to inwebsname

Sorry for the frustration, folks.

Jerry (and anyone else that was told they had to pay $250), can you send me a PM with your case number along with some details about what they said you were going to be paying for?

The issue is currently being investigated by the Dreamweaver development team, so no fix (certainly not anything you would need to pay for) is yet available.

In the future, if you should run into any issue you think is a bug, let our development team know directly: http://adobe.ly/DWBug

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

thanks for the update Carey, appreciated..

Meanwhile I installed my old DW version and got beyond the "problem point", so for the moment I am able to continue to work on my project - but I will keep monitoring the forum to know when a fix is found.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to Jerry Cannon

Was this ever solved?  I am encountering the same error and have had no luck fixing it. 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to Jerry Cannon

YES! I get exactly the same error, too! In my effort to fix the problem (tried ALL the recommendations), I discovered the same error in both Dreamwaver CS6 and CS5.5.

However, get this, the Delete Server Behavior works find in Dreamweaver CS4. So my fix is to open up CS4, apply the Behavior, and then return to CS6—waiting for a fix.

Here’s a recap of the Error Dialog boxes:

CS6 Error (Version 12.0 Build 5842):

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s)occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD: Applications Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

CS5.5 Error:

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD-2: CSS.5: Adobe Dreamweaver CSS.5: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

Again, in CS4 it works OK. And, again I’m waiting for fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to DdoubleU

Encountered the same problem while trying to implement the Adobe's tutorial on a confirmation form for deletions. Here is the solution I came up with. I used a blank PHP document called "delete.php" that simply had a form and a hiddenText field for the Primary Key that I was passing in.

I implemented DW's delete Server Behavior in that file and even though I got the error message, it still functions.

To delete the file, I created a confirm_delete.php in accordance with tutorial. Then I created two buttons, one titled cancel and the other titled delete. Here is the code for the buttons:

<input type="button" name="canceldelete" id="canceldelete" value="Cancel" onclick="window.location.href='manage_classes.php'"/>

<span class="hiddentext">CONFIRM DELETION</span>

<input type="button" name="confirm" id="confirm" value="Delete Record" onclick="window.location.href='delete_classes.php?class_id=<?php echo $row_confirmclassdelete['class_id']; ?>'"/>

Where confirmclassdelete is the name of my RecordSet in confirm_delete.php.

Works well and I did not have to jerk around with DW error.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to EasternOregonOReilly

You've probably all figured this out by now, but if not, here's what to do:

To isolate the line-item record you want to delete, set up a complete link in your <form action=  as shown next> that goes to the Delete.php page using a URL Parameter called recordID, like this:  

<form method="POST" name="form1" action="deleteItem.php?recordID=<?php echo $row_getItem['li_id']; ?>">

When you set up the Server Behavior on the deleteItem.php page, set the 1st and 5th field in the "Delete Record" dialog box to "Primary key value", and on the last one, flip to URL Parameter, and enter recordID, not li_id or class_id or member_id. Then you'll get it to work and the record will be deleted.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to Jerry Cannon

Hi, maybe this is solve, but in case not, I did something that help.

I had this error too.

CS6 Error (Version 12.0 Build 5842):

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s)occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD: Applications Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

I close DW (ctrl+q) and then opened the DeleteRecord.htm in a TextEditor in Macintosh HD: Applications Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: .  Then I look (ctrl+f) for onBlur and changed to onClick.  Like this.

Before: onBlur="updateUI('PrimaryKeyParameterValue', 'onBlur')"

Now: onClick="updateUI('PrimaryKeyParameterValue', 'onClick')"

The error is gone and is working.  The thing about this is when the Delete Form loads it doesn't make any action, it will do it when you click.

Maybe this can help.

lopezpagan.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to lopezpagan

WAY TO GO lopezpagan!!

After waiting in vain for over a year for Adobe to  fix this bug, your suggested fix worked for me.

You should apply for a job at Adobe... they could use a few good men!! This non-responsive 'support' from Adobe also tells me a lot about upgrading to Adobe's CC...  that AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points