• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iframe removed from blog post

Guide ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to post a YouTube video in a blog post. When I hit save and publish the iframe is removed! Here is the code I am attempting:

<div style="width: 560px; margin:auto 0;">

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/video-code?rel=0&modestbranding=1&iv_load_policy=3" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

</div>

The output I see in the code is:

<div style="width: 560px; margin:auto 0;"></div>

Anyone else seeing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Hi there,

This bug was fixed and released a few hours ago. You should not see this problem any more. Thanks for your collaboration.

Please check http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2341 for more details.

- Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just started today. Can't post podcast links because of it.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must of been introduced with the recent update. Hope they fix this asap!

I also tried this as an object using the "old" YouTube embed code. While JS is an option I would prefer this just be fixed outright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised if they let people post iframes anyway -- most forums/blogs etc block iframes by default as a form of xss protection, and get around this by providing an embed field where you can add the youtube id and have the server validate the url and build the iframe itself. I don't know if that functionality can be copied in bc with webapps currently, since there's no logic layer other than javascript to check for empty values... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to post iframes all along without issue. If this is true and a change they should of warned people well before hand.

I will see what BC says and then figure out the appropriate way to handle the iframe.

Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one workaround (i've used elsewhere) would be to use the jquery plugin for embedly. you'd need an api key but essentially it would convert youtube urls to embeds with javascript. A benefit of this would be the ability to allow users to turn embeds on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just replying so I can keep updated on this issue. We have a client whose blog is almost exclusively youtube clips!

I did find it odd that their blog post from last week still showed the iframes ... until I hit save and publish on them and then "BAM", the iframes were gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have asked the dev team to investigate this issue and fix it in a hotpatch.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynda,

You can use also this

http://tinyurl.com/youtubeshortener

i know this is not  the case will for the meantime you can also use this

Hope this helps you in the future.

Sincerely,

khyraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a bug injected through our XSS engine. We are fixing it asap.

Actually, we are currently working on a hot patch to address all these issues:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2341

We should have them fixed asap. We'll update this thread once the changes are live.

- Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This bug was fixed and released a few hours ago. You should not see this problem any more. Thanks for your collaboration.

Please check http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2341 for more details.

- Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bogdan for fixing this issue ASAP! =>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for rolling out the quick fixes Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines