• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datefield does not work with cflayoutarea

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get the CFINPUT with a datefield working inside a table.

The table is inside a cfajaximport which is inside the cflayoutarea.

The code below works without the cflayoutarea.

<cfajaximport tags="CFINPUT-DATEFIELD, CFAJAXPROXY, CFINPUT-AUTOSUGGEST, CFPOD, CFTOOLTIP, CFSPRYDATASET-JSON, CFTEXTAREA, CFDIV, CFLAYOUT-TAB, CFFORM ">  

<CFOUTPUT>
<cfform name="Five" ACTION="formaction.cfm" METHOD="post">
<TABLE>
<TR>
  <TD>
   date
  </TD>
  <TD><P> </P><P> </P><P> </P>
   <CFINPUT TYPE="datefield" NAME="start" ><P> </P><P> </P><P> </P>
  </TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>
<cfinput type="submit" name="Save" value="Save">
</CFFORM>
</CFOUTPUT>
</cfajaximport>

As soon as the cflayoutarea is inserted, the code does not run. Below is the code for the cflayoutarea.

<cflayoutarea bindonload="false" closable="false" inithide="false" name="TANursingFacility" overflow = "auto" selected="false" title="Service" align="left">

There will be more than one date fields in the table.

The HTML, BODY and HEAD are located in the calling module.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

userCold9 wrote:

<cfajaximport tags="CFINPUT-DATEFIELD, CFAJAXPROXY, CFINPUT-AUTOSUGGEST, CFPOD, CFTOOLTIP, CFSPRYDATASET-JSON, CFTEXTAREA, CFDIV, CFLAYOUT-TAB, CFFORM ">  

[...]

</cfajaximport>

Hi Mike,

The closing </cfajaximport> is unnecessary and can be removed.

userCold9 wrote:

As soon as the cflayoutarea is inserted, the code does not run. Below is the code for the cflayoutarea.

<cflayoutarea bindonload="false" closable="false" inithide="false" name="TANursingFacility" overflow = "auto" selected="false" title="Service" align="left">

Two issues:

1) The <cflayoutarea /> tag must be within a <cflayout /> tag.

2) The <cflayoutarea /> tag requires an end tag.  (ex: either close it w/ " />" or w/ "</cflayoutarea>")  Please try this:

<cflayout type="tab">

<cflayoutarea bindonload="false" closable="false" inithide="false" name="TANursingFacility" overflow = "auto" selected="false" title="Service" align="left" source="my_content.cfm" />

</cflayout>

or

<cflayout type="tab">

<cflayoutarea bindonload="false" closable="false" inithide="false" name="TANursingFacility" overflow = "auto" selected="false" title="Service" align="left">my content</cflayoutarea>

</cflayout>

(depending on which way you want to include the contents)

(you could also change type="tab" to type="accordion")

Resources:

- cflayoutarea

Thanks,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the recommended solutions and the datefield still does not work inside a table.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Could you please post your opening cflayout tag?  I wrapped your code (minus the cfajaximport, b/c it's unneeded here) w/ a cflayout tag having a height, and the datefield was then fully visible.  The cflayout's height needs to be tall enough to display the datefield.  Could you try this:

<cflayout type="tab" height="300">

<CFOUTPUT>

<TABLE>

<TR>

<TD>

date

</TD>

<TD><P> </P><P> </P><P> </P>

<CFINPUT TYPE="datefield" NAME="start" ><P> </P><P> </P><P> </P>

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</CFFORM>

</CFOUTPUT>

</cflayoutarea>

</cflayout>

Thanks,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the cflayout tag

<cflayout type="tab" height="800" >

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I place the code in a single tab and the code is not in a module being called using the cfinclude, it works.

But if there are more than one cflayoutarea under the cflayout it does not work or if the code is placed in another module that is called, it does not work.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

userCold9 wrote:

<cflayout type="tab" height="800" >

If I place the code in a single tab and the code is not in a module being called using the cfinclude, it works.

But if there are more than one cflayoutarea under the cflayout it does not work or if the code is placed in another module that is called, it does not work.

Hi Mike,

Could you try this?

<cflayout type="tab" height="800">

<cfinclude template="myfile.cfm" />

</cflayoutarea>

<cflayoutarea bindonload="false" closable="false" inithide="false" name="TANursingFacility2" overflow = "auto" selected="false" title="Service 2" align="left">

Tab 2

</cflayoutarea>

</cflayout>

where myfile.cfm contains this:

<CFOUTPUT>

<TABLE>

<TR>

<TD> date </TD>

<TD><P> </P>

<P> </P>

<P> </P>

<CFINPUT TYPE="datefield" NAME="start" >

<P> </P>

<P> </P>

<P> </P></TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</CFFORM>

</CFOUTPUT>

I'm seeing the datefield fine.  Perhaps there is some other code contributing to the issue?  Could you post a full example that we can try?

Thanks,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the code to work with three tabs being accessed with a link in the menu on the life side of the screen. I am trying to get the next three tabs to work with the second link in the menu.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation