Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I deactivate my Adobe software?

Feb 4, 2013 10:04 PM

Tags: #install #activate

If you are removing Creative Suite software from you computer and installing it on another computer, you'll need to deactivate the software. Remember that you must first deactivate your software before you uninstall it on one computer and install it on another. Unistalling does not deactivate your Adobe software automatically.

Note: Lightroom does not have an activate/deactivate option.

To deactivate the software from your computer:

1. Make sure the computer that has the software installed is connected to the Internet.
  2. Choose Help > Deactivate in the product you wish to deactivate.  If you have a suite then choosing one of the products will Deactivate the entire sute.
  3. Select Deactivate Permanently

For troubleshooting information related to Adobe activation and deactivation, see Activation, Deactivation | Adobe Products.

This document contains information on common questions related to activation and deactivation such as:

- Uninstalled the software without deactivating it.

- No access to previous computer : Lost, Stolen, and crashed computers.

- Deactivation option is disabled.

- Options to contact Customer support. The page is Chat enabled. You will be able to chat with a person as soon as a tech support person is available.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to Michael Salinero

Hello,

I have deactivated/removed Adobe Pro on my old lap top.  I want to re-download/einstall to my new lap top.   How do I do this?

Thank you,

Barb Preikstas

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I sold my old laptop after removing all programs and files. But I did not know I had to deactivate my Dreamweaver Cs$. How can I solve this issue, I cannot install it in my new computer. Cause it says is already on two, and I don't even have it anymore.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:33 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

Choose Help>Deactivate where? From within the program? On the Adobe website. Does this apply to LR? Under Help in LR there is no deactivate option.

Dan

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Michael Salinero

Thank you, this was very helpful. I did discover that the 'deactivate' option was not available until I opened an actual document. I started Acrobat Reader Pro X and selected 'Help' on the menu bar but noticed that the 'deactivate' menu item was disabled. So, I selected or opened one of my recent reader files. After the file opened, I selected the 'help' category on the menu bar, again. This time the 'Activate' item was available. As you posted, It asked me if I wanted to do this temporarily or permanently. Thanks again . I need to transfer applications and files to a newer laptop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I've reached my 2-computer limit for my Acrobat X Pro - but both of the computers it was installed on are dead. The first was a desktop that died last year. The other was my laptop that died a few weeks ago, but I was able to move the hard drive to a new (actually a used) similar laptop. Now I get the message that I have reached my limit & can't do another install, yet neither of my other installs is in use OR able to be deactivated by any means that I know of. Any ideas on what  I can do???

[email address removed by host]

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 7:22 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

how to deactivate serial before uninstall of wrong disk in bundle

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to mbsbarb

could I ask u a question? first,I install PS CS6 ,then,I wrote wrong numbers.Now,I can't input the nums. How to solve the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 7:26 PM   in reply to RichGopen

@RichGopen -- you would have to contact Adobe customer service (see link at bottom of the page), they're the only ones who can really help with that for the activation database on their end.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to nevkezth

How I would be able to take the serial munber before install Adobe elementes 8 in my lapa top?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I deactived a version of photoshop on a computer that no longer works and have been using Photoshop on my newer desktop for several years (just one copy).  I have just purchased a new laptop and it says that I have two copies already.  How can I use my second copy on my new laptop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 8:49 PM   in reply to Leonardophoto

It might have not got deactivated properly from your old computer hence contact Adobe Support to get the count of activation resetted.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I lost an HD on my 21.5" iMac which finally resulted in Apple replacing the computeer so one cc of CS6 went down with that HD.   I then bought a 27" with the 1GB graphic card and put 16GB mem in it.  But I get thethe "deactivate" pop up and I only have it installed on thhis and my Macbook.

could you help please??  I have had enough grief with the last couple of weeks downtime.

Ed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

Was JRojas quesiton ever answered?  I did much the same thing (uninstalled everything and gave the laptop to my sister).  How can one deactivate software that is no longer in one's possession?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 3:41 PM   in reply to smhxyz

You will be unable to deactivate remotely.  If you end up running into this difficulty then I would recommend contacting our support team.  We can evaluate your previous activations and override as needed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I had a loaner computer that wasn't deactivated when I returned it. iTunes has a method of deactivating all computers virtually. I didn't see that option here. I'm going to send an email to Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to GRNBX RE

iTunes is basically reseting your activations.  Our support teams can accomplish the same task for you as well.  I would recommend going to Adobe.com and selecting Help>Contact Us.  Once you choose the applicable options for your application you will be able to locate the support options available for your region.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 4:50 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

so what can i do to get my pc to download this

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 10:23 PM   in reply to johnny146

johnny146 wrote:

so what can i do to get my pc to download this

Download what ???

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 4:23 AM   in reply to Michael Salinero

And what do we do if your deactivation servers are "down"? I've tired to do Help > Deactivate for the last day and it keeps saying:

ScreenShot128.jpg

I've done this 10 times before and I can connect up to Adobe Updates, so I can connect to Adobe, but I just keep getting this error message.  I can hit retry and it takes a few minutes but still comes back to the same error message.  I don't have any proxy's, or firewalls.  Chat said I should contact support, but... he was support, wasn't he?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 9:28 AM   in reply to Darrellx

It is likely you have a software firewall issue or need to modify your host file.  The activation servers have not been down recently.  Please see Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/x-productkb/policy-pricing/acti vation-network-issues.html for steps on how you can resolve this difficulty.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 1:48 AM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I have recently successfully moved my activation to a new SSD drive in my computer (CS5.5 Design Premium and Lightroom 3). However, I have suffered a catastrophic failure of the drive, and cannot access any of the data on it. How can I deactivate the software to rebuild on another hard disk?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 7:13 PM   in reply to BROSSEY

i also have this problem. i have had a major system crash and can not access my software to deactivcate it.  can this be done by phone?  i am in australia...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to danieljenkins

@danieljenkins, and @BROSSEY

No need to worry, simply call Adobe Support to get the activation count reset.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

I just contacted support via chat because my system motherboard was replaced (and I cannot deactivate that device).

The chat rep made me wait 5 minutes before he/she wrote that support could not deactivate subscription devices and that I would have to do it myself.  He offered to send me a link to the online support pages (where I found the instructions to contact Support).

This is just awful.  I guess I will have to cancel my subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to Ozdachs

Ozdachs what type of subscription do you have?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Creative Cloud.  Two computer are apparently allowed (desktop and laptop).  I'm only using this laptop mostly, but its motherboard was bad.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to Ozdachs

If it is Creative Cloud then you should be able to activate on a third computer yourself.  The remaining activations should become available within 72 hours.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am fairly confused about this activation.

After the new motherboard was installed, the first Adobe product I ran asked me to sign in to activate the subscription.  I did, and everything seemed okay.

Then, maybe after a reboot, Acrobat asked to be activated.  I signed in and was told that I had exceeded the subscription activation number. That's when i started looking for support.

Other Adobe products kept working.

Now I can start Acrobat XI Pro without any problems or getting any messages.

If you did something, thanks!  If you didn't do anything, then this whole activation process remains a mystery, but I am up and happy... but wary.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 3:21 PM   in reply to Ozdachs

I never ever left 1 message except this one. I dont know who contacted you`ll & i would love to find out who did.          With all respect (jeanette)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to east_jeanette

East_jeanette did you have a specific inquiry?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 6:47 PM   in reply to JRojas1995

facing the same problem as you, CS5 on two computers. One that doesn't work and a new one where I installed CS5 again. Same problem as you to use CS5 for me. Very annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to Michael Salinero

My last computer iss dead, I can no longer turn it on to deactivate my creative suite, what do I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to mariahjo12

If you receive a message that you have exceeded your amount of allowable activations then please contact our support team.  Please try installing prior to contacting them though as they will not be able to assist you unless the software is installed and you are receiving an activation error.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 3:32 AM   in reply to mariahjo12

I have similar problem, did you get an answer from somebody? Minulla on sama tilanne, saitko vastauksen?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 3:35 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I did manage to install my Photoshop CS2 to another mac, but it collapses all the time after a few minutes. No messages at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

I purchased a new MacBook Pro Retina and moved the CS5.5 to my new Retina. The previous MBP was completely erased.

Trying to put CS5.5 on a 2nd Mac and it says I cannot due to the 2nd MBP is using the license.

Any suggestions as to how get to use CS5 on my second home family Mac?

Thx Much and Merry Christmas

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

Hello. I have an Adoble Photoshop Element 8.0

I recently sent my old laptop to my grandmother and i forgot to deactive it. Is there any possible way to deactivate it from my account or something?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to JuliAnne1230

JuliAnne1230 please see message #33.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 6:34 PM   in reply to Michael Salinero

hi- do you have to choose deactivate permanently?  I am pretty confused about this whole thing with 2 computers- i want to use cs5.5 on my imac and macbook pro but I guess that is really not possible.  thanks-

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points