• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CSXS infrastructure CS6 3.0.1 Update

Community Expert ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this CS6 Update do of fix and why is a system restart needed?

CSSX.jpg

JJMack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

http://blogs.adobe.com/cssdk/2012/05/about-the-csxs-infrastructure-updates-for-cs6.html

About

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know something about this update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me as well! New to Adobe (from Avid). Is there not a Readme file that lists changes and fixes?? I don't feel comfortable just installing updates I don't know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging from past experiences details are hard to come by.  Usually they just say fixed misc. bugs.

If there are major fixes the official notice will be several days away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same update to Photoshop 13 on my Mac today, but no indication, hint or suggestion to reboot or restart the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can gather CSXS is part of the CS Extansions system. When I installed this update this morning it was listed as being part of pretty much every CS application. As for what this patch in particular does... No idea. This post is the first thing that comes up when I search for information on the update, and Adobe has no security buletins released today, so Curt Y's "misc. bugs" prediction seems accurate.

As to why you need to restart, if any part of Adobe's startup helpers/daemons were using the extension system while the update was running, then the update may request a restart. I did not need to restart on my Windows Vista or OS X 10.7 machines, so it may be a Windows XP "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No restart on Win7 64bit either.

Would be nice to know what is being installed on our machines,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can tell you that I think part of it related to a Creative Cloud subscription was to install a "Adobe Content Viewer" that has the same little purple book icon as seen on the page for the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-publishing-suite-single/features.html

And it views "folios" - I just noticed it there suddenly and I'm pretty sure it didn't come with the CS6 install of InDesign/Photoshop, etc.. as part of my Cloud subscription prior to this. I noticed it immediately after the upgrade ran and went "What's that?"

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing it before this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - I now also have a full CS6 Bridge in both 32 and 64 bit. Woot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be helpful.. at least a little. 

http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_What_is_a__Hybrid_Extension__-19547.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if this fails to update, and the error log fails to populate any screen, we should just say, Oh well?   Because I am just in trial mode with CS6 and this update has failed and the error log is not active.  No support for trial software.  ... Win 7 64 bit

well, just tried a 4 time to access the error log. ,

Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M1P28

Looks like they need to build a better mouse trap here. If it doesn't apply, don't tell us we have an u[pdate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it obvious?  [Ps] was updated! 

I applied the update yesterday (or maybe it was the day before; it's all a gaussian blur).  All went well and everything still seems to work.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EJ Printer,

Are you using the beta version of photoshop cs6?

The beta version will not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a bug fix update for shared components that some of the CS6 products use. The core Photoshop code is not updated.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG... wrote:

…This is a bug fix update for shared components that some of the CS6 products use. The core Photoshop code is not updated…

How about those of us that only have the Photoshop 13 point application?  The update certainly did something here.  Maybe it modified Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

How about those of us that only have the Photoshop 13 point application?  The update certainly did something here.  Maybe it modified Bridge?

Hi,

It updated components that 1-n Adobe products  use. So yes, even a single installed point product will be flagged as an update candidate, but the actual update is to components outside of Ps proper. I'm not privvy to the list of changes, but these are components that Extension panels use. So even if the targeted fix isn't specific to say the Mini Bridge panel, the infrastructure that Mini Bridge panel uses is updated.

Hopefully that makes sense. The basic take away is that this update should just install (Adobe needs to get smarter about shutting down services that might cause restart conflicts), and provide better logic for Beta and non applicable targets.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I understand.  Sort of… 

SG... wrote:

…components that 1-n Adobe products  use…

"1-n Adobe products", that's a new term/concept for me.  Off to Google it.

Thanks for elaborating, Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

"1-n Adobe products", that's a new term/concept for me.  Off to Google it.

Not a technical term, really.  Read it in context as "one to several Adobe products".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh!     Thank you, Noel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Kelly, Kind of my whole point... If the program is using an auto update or an update feature, then it should be able to tell what version of the software you are using. If it is NOT part of the update regime, then DON'T try and update. It is within the Adobe undate manager.  It also took three goes at updating before it allows the error message to be read. Could be an interface issue with ???  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a user such as yourself so i don't have any inside knowledge on how the updater is supposed work, but if your still on the beta

you should uninstall that and download the release version, which is a thirty day trial.

When more updates are released you won't be able to update the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Kelly, perhaps we are and perhaps not,  a like ; )    I down loaded it and ran it to test plug ins. I get the whole beta software  issue.

Noel, the suggestion here is that since your dooing a public beta you get what you get , so deal with it. fair enough.... and I am giving some insight here that I am NOT alone in having that problem. I quickly saw some list where people were having to, with Adobe support, completely uninstall the trial/beta, install their purchased CS6 and still having issues with the installer and update. 

Hard doesn't mean the end user should have to spend many hours undoing an installer function because Adobe wants to restructure their sales model and have a 30 day rental option. 

As to getting more value, that is a way of dismissing the mess that customers need to unravel as solely on them; a point which could be looked at in different ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be critical, but I'm also quite aware that things like "beta tests" require a certain additional wherewithall that not everyone possesses.  I also know my own limitations.

There are just things - in life, and on computers - that you have to be willing to take responsibility for.

If you walked up to a ski slope as a beginner and there was a big sign that said Beginners -> pointing to one slope, and another slope off the other way with just little sign with just a black diamond on it but no big letters, would you just go merrily down the black diamond slope and assume that someone will have set everything up to protect you from danger?

Some of us have had no problems whatsoever navigating the betas and releases and understanding what's happening.  Is it because someone is there holding our hand, or is it maybe because we have worked to gain knowledge that allows us to participate with sufficient situational awareness to get things right?

Let me put it simply, and I'm sorry if this seems blunt:  If you don't have the technical prowess to deal with the additional integration responsibilities needed to try beta software, maybe you shouldn't try beta software.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carboni,

EJ Printer has more experience alpha/beta testing software than most people on this forum

or the planet for that matter. He has worked with one of the major plugin developers for the last

several years as a prime source of feedback and often asks questions based on a 'lack of technical

prowess' just to see what sort of answers he gets as that is exactly the scenario that most of his

customers and test scenarios involve. And your smart a** answer is a prime example of

the fanboy/guru/almighty know-it-all that helps no one with junk like that.

You always seem to be in the 'Some of us have had no problems' category on these forums and

fail to realize that in the real world of Adobe product usage, everybody doesn't have your 'expertise' or

systems that only run casual workflows.

MT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I'm having trouble understanding just what's being argued, and I'm sorry if I've stepped on toes with my "education beats guardrails" views.  It's not my intention to insult anyone.

I appreciate your feedback, and I promise to try to be less of a smarta** fanboy/guru/almighty know-it-all. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines