Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free trial version - click boxes and text entry boxes options greyed out

Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help determine if we will purchase Captivate I am creating a few projects using the 30day free trial s/w.

I want to see how easy it is to build a complete software simulation in the 'let-me-try' mode. Before creating the simulation I think I should first set up my Preferences:  via Edit > Preferences > turn on 'Click boxes' and 'Text entry boxes'

However, the 'Click boxes' & 'Text entry boxes' are greyed (grayed) out.

The 'Help' function doesn't appear to work in this 30 day trial either, thus I'm not getting any help screens pop-up!

My questions are:

1) If I could turn on the 'Click boxes' & 'Text entry boxes' before I create the simulation, would this setting take affect for every slide?

2) Does anyone know if I can activate the 'Click boxes' & 'Text entry boxes' on the 30 day trial s/w?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Think you misunderstand those Preferences. When you do a software capture, you have the choice to mark different options: Demonstration, Training, Assessment. You can even choose to have all of them which will create 3 different files.

In Preferences, Recording, Modes you'll see the default setup for each of those modes and you can tweak that as well. A Custom mode is also possible. That setup will decide what happens when you choose a Capture mode: one example is adding Mouse which will happen o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I just found my answer to both questions  .... Up the top of Preferences page is 'Mode' drop down. I change this mode to 'Traning Simulation' or 'Assessment Simulation' and the 'Click boxes' & 'Text entry boxes' are activated.

I can now see that the answer to question (1) is yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think you misunderstand those Preferences. When you do a software capture, you have the choice to mark different options: Demonstration, Training, Assessment. You can even choose to have all of them which will create 3 different files.

In Preferences, Recording, Modes you'll see the default setup for each of those modes and you can tweak that as well. A Custom mode is also possible. That setup will decide what happens when you choose a Capture mode: one example is adding Mouse which will happen only in Demonstration mode, not in Training/Assessment.

During capture, if you keep the default settings, CP will switch to FMR (Full Motion Recording) for Drag&Drop and Mouse movement. With Captivate 6, if you want more quality for such 'video' slides, you'd better record them with the new video mode, but then you'll have to insert those recording slides yourself (Insert menu).  Another tip: try in the setup for Recording to replace the default Text Captions (bitmap) by Smart Shape (activate in Demonstration Mode), they are much more editable (and vector based).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic info. Thank you Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources