Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 64-bit AND 32-bit crash!

Jul 2, 2012 5:43 AM

Tags: #not #bridge #cs5.5 #crash #64-bit #crashing #navigation #cs6

I am not sure why this is but Bridge CS6 crashes in either 64-bit version or 32-bit version.  I do not have the same problem with Bridge CS5.5 which I believe is 32-bit.

I can't fathom that a 64-bit app with as much memory (more than 8GB) on my machine and a pretty decent NVidia Quaddro card would cause such issues.  I had installed the latest video drivers not that long ago (within the past 2-6 months) when I was experiencing a separate issue on a non-adobe software crash on startup.  Changing or upgrading the video driver caused the software to become responsive again and this was with a 3D software application.

If 64-bit apps are supposed to see the maximum RAM why would my 32-bit CS5.5 not crash in the following scenario? :

A top-level or sub-top level directory which is displaying results from subfolders and when I navigate to a thumbnail CS6 crashes but CS5.5 does not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I think I have at least 1GB Vram

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to markerline

With CS6 drivers are furiously being updated, so 6 months could be several out of date.

Most crashes are from drivers.   If using Win OS look in OS Help for Event Log.

Look in Applications for warnings, esp. Faulting Module.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to Curt Y

markerline, try this.  Set Bridge to run as administrator and see if that solves your problem.  Note, this does not allow you to call Bridge from Photoshop.

I reported this bug several months ago and still no fix!!  The problem seems to be more prevalent in systems using a solid state drive.  I am totally disappointed with Adobe over this.  It worked in CS5 and does not work in CS6.

Gerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to gswetsky

gswetsky, Sounds like you are talking about the bug where crashes occur if the temp file is not on the C: drive.

They are working on it.  Perhaps next dot update.  Believe we are still running on same as beta version.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Curt Y

I seem to recall putting the temp file on the C: drive with no help, maybe I'm mistaken.

However, it worked in CS5 and doesn't work in CS6.  Curt, this doesn't smack of rocket science to me!!  Adobe released an update to the PS infrastructure today and neither of my two bugs is fixed.

Gerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to markerline

The crashes should be in Applications section in left panel of Event Viewer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to markerline

In the Event Log on the left there should be different topics.  One is labeled Applicatons and 1 General as I recall.  Look for warnings in any of the topics and expand where you see them.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 5:31 PM   in reply to markerline

Try Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application and look for an exclamation point in a red circle marked "error"......

7-2-2012 7-24-01 PM.jpg

Gerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to markerline

Well, that was a report from a crash I just caused by running Bridge at user level.  If your Bridge is crashing and you're not getting a report in Event Viewer, perhaps you should look for problems somewhere external to Adobe software.

What are you seeing in the Application list?  Any reports at all?

Gerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:07 PM   in reply to markerline

Okay, just one more question - What does Bridge do when you bring it up?  Do you get a Windows message, "This program has caused an illegal operation....." or something similar?  Apparently not, because that would write into the Admin Logs.

Gerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:47 PM   in reply to markerline

In advanced preferenes if you check "use software rending" does this change anything?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to markerline

This discussion may help if only in a small way.....

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4315852

Gerry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points