Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error: The page size aspect ratio must match the folio aspect ratio. Why?

Jul 2, 2012 7:05 PM

Tags: #error #dps #indesign_cs5.5 #builder #magazine

OK, so this is driving me crazy.

I've got a Folio set to 2048 x 1536. I've been adding articles, the InDesign document setup of which are all 1024 x 768 (all horizontal) and with Intent: Web. So far, everything has been working as it should. I now want to have an article that is 1024 x 1000 (that is, 1000 pixels high), which the user can smooth scroll down to see the rest of the feature. However, when I try to add the article to the Folio Producer, I get the message: "Content generation error. [Error: The page size aspect ratio must match the folio aspect ratio.]"

Now, I've read on the forums here that all I need to do it make sure the smooth scrolling option is selected, but when adding the article, there is no option for Smooth Scrolling. The new article window only has Article Name, Default Format (PDF), JPEG Quality, and a tickbox for Horizontal Swipe only. There is nothing about Smooth Scrolling.

Also, when I try the import article method, where there is a Smooth Scroll option (and where I've selected the Vertical Only option), I still get the same error (the folder I was selecting had one ID5.5 document in it, with the _h suffix)

I'm certain that there's something quite simple that I'm doing wrong, but I would greatly appreciate someone telling what it is...

Thanks

Marc

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 9:36 PM   in reply to nz_geographic

Hi Marc,

Do ensure that your smooth scrolling document only have a single page, multi page smooth scrolling is not yet supported.

Mark Plunkett

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 3:38 AM   in reply to nz_geographic

Change it to smooth scrolling anyway - I've had this problem sometimes

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 5:58 AM   in reply to nz_geographic

I've had similar experiences to this. The way I've gone around it is to change the page size to 1024x768, upload the file, then change properties to smooth scrolling, undo the page-resize (so; make it back to how it was), and update the article. For some reason that is the only way that works for me to upload smooth scrolling articles.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 6:18 AM   in reply to tim.hughes

You can't "ADD" smooth scrolling pages, you have to import them

and I think that because your article is 1024 px wide you need to set it to

HORIZONTAL ONLY

strange way around it I know - but that's how we do it

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 11:18 PM   in reply to nz_geographic

That makes sense. My last folio was the first one i created with the default format as PDF, and it was also the first one that I had the problem with adding smooth scrolling pages directly into.

Good to hear that you figured it out.

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to nz_geographic

The secondary way to get around this is to throw the article into it's own folder, and then doing an "import" instead of an "add" in the Folio Builder.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points