Skip navigation
steeletech
Currently Being Moderated

Adding Doc Type for Color Coding

Jul 1, 2012 4:35 AM

Tags: #color #cs6 #color-coding

I'm using DW to modify my .LUA files, and I'd love to create the rules for Code Coloring.

Is there a way to add a new Document Type for this purpose?

I'm using CS6 now.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 3:11 AM   in reply to steeletech

Deatils on how to add new document types to Dreamweaver are here: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/change-add-recognized-file-exten sions.html.

There's also an old article on extensible colour coding here: http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/extend/extensible_code_colori ng/

I'm not sure if significant changes have been made to colour coding since that article was written. Maybe you could try it and report back here. If it's out of date, I'll contact the engineering team to see if more up-to-date material is available.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to steeletech

I don't think that adding new file types will allow you to add them to the New Document dialog box, but I've asked someone from Adobe to take a look at this thread. I suspect that the documents are out of date and need to be revised.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to steeletech

I've been in touch with the engineering team, and they've promised to get the documents updated. They might even contact you directly.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to steeletech

Hello,

Extremely sorry for the outdated contents in the above mentioned documents.

I have logged a backlog to update the documents and also a feature request. We will surely address the same.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Hi, I'm using Dreamweaver CS6 Creative Cloud and I'm trying to add the extension EJS and SCSS. I've followed this walkthrough; http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/change-add-recognized-file-exten sions.html. Adding it to HTML and Stylesheet groups within the extentions.txt and added it to the appropriate <documenttype> within the MMDocumentTypes.xml.

Still getting the "Can't find a valid editor for this file extension".

thx

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to iLoyola7

In Dreamweaver Preferences (Edit menu on Windows, Dreamweaver menu on a Mac), select File Types / Editors.

Add the filename extensions to the space-separated list in the "Open in code view" field..

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 11:25 AM   in reply to David_Powers

Thank you David for the responce, yes I have them added to the "open in code view" now and the files are opening in code view but I would also like design view, color coding, and server behavior functionality which is determined in the MMDocumentTypes.xml but not working. This is what I've put for the EJS;

<documenttype id="HTML" internaltype="HTML" winfileextension="html,htm,shtml,shtm,stm,tpl,lasso,xhtml,ejs" macfileextension="html,htm,shtml,shtm,tpl,lasso,xhtml,ssi,ejs" file="Default.html" writebyteordermark="false" mimetype="text/html">
    <TITLE>
    <MMString:loadString id="mmdocumenttypes_0" />
    </TITLE>      
    <description>
    <MMString:loadString id="mmdocumenttypes_1" />
    </description>
    <dtdcontext>html</dtdcontext>
    </documenttype> 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Is there any update on this? I have updated my  Extensions.txt file and
    MMDocumentTypes.xml to add the new file types but still can't see the color coding when I open documents of those file types.

I am using Dreamweaver cs6 on a mac running snow leopard. I did not have any issues when i did this on cs 5.5.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 6:39 AM   in reply to Lafondakitty625

I know this is late but I've been bashing my head against my keyboard trying to figure out why this isn't working (I'm on CS6) ... apparently starting with CS5.5 (I think) ... Dreamweaver looks at another MMDocumentTypes.xml file ... this is the one you actually need to modify ... changing the one they mention in this (http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/change-add-recognized-file-exten sions.html) thread does nothing

Wrong

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\DocumentTypes\MMDocumentTypes.xml

Modify this one

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\en_US\Configuration\DocumentTypes\MMDocumentTypes.xml

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 1:04 AM   in reply to WaitWut

Very helpful thread, this helped me too!

For DreamWeaver CS5.5 OSX users, modify:

/users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.5/YOURLANGUAGE/Configuration/DocumentTypes/MMDocumentTypes.xml

Adobe should update

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/change-add-recognized-file-exten sions.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points