Skip navigation
Pepijn Godefroy
Currently Being Moderated

Full screen mode real full screen - so WITHOUT scroll bars?

Jul 3, 2012 3:08 AM

Tags: #illustrator #scroll_bars #full_screen_mode

In CS2, full screen was full screen, so without any clutter you could make screenshots that were ready to use in booklets or presentations.

CS5 (and maybe also CS4 which I didn't own) kept the scroll bars always in sight, forcing us to crop all screenshots afterwards, tedious work...

I hoped CS6 would solve this, but it does not seem so.

Anybody know of a workaround?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2012 3:36 AM   in reply to Pepijn Godefroy

On the Mac it would be fairly easy to make a screenshot by selection. On the PC probably as well, at least with third party software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 4:46 AM   in reply to Pepijn Godefroy

Save A Copy as a PDF. Open it in Reader. View>Full Screen Mode. Take your screenshot.

(Frankly, you probably ought to be building your presentations as PDFs anyway.)

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to Pepijn Godefroy

Pepijn Godefroy wrote:

...forcing us to crop all screenshots afterwards, tedious work...

you don't have to crop each screenshot one by one. I'm on Windows and what I do is press PrtSc button then in Photoshop File > New and it will create a new document with the size of the clipboard image. Then Paste. Back in Illustrator make each new screenshot with PrtSc and Paste in Photoshop. Each Paste will create a new layer in Photoshop. Once done crop at once all layers and then File > Scripts > Export Layers to Files. Not tedious at all.

For future use you can save a blank Photoshop file with a cropping selection. To create it, paste one screenshot, make a selection excluding the scroll bars or defining the area of interest, right click and choose Save Selection, delete the layer, and Save.

Next time open this document and paste all screenshots in it. When done, load the saved selection from the Channels panel by holding Ctrl and clicking on the icon of the saved selection, then Image > Crop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points