Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

New Help Guides Won't Install

Jul 3, 2012 5:14 AM

Hello,

I have a few questions.

I've downloaded the CS6 PDF help guides but how do I make them show up in Local Mode when I hit the Help button in ANY Adobe CS6 program?

If I try to install them through the Help Program (the one that used to work with CS5), it states there are updates available becuase the CS6 progs are 'out of date'.  When I hit updatate, they download but then revert back to saying they are 'Out of date'!

So, how do I make the CS6 PDF help guides available in Local Mode when I am not connected to the internet?

As I say, I have downloaded the PDFs from the provided link and these can be viewed as standalone.  But not when calling them up via the related CS6 program.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to Missteach

Hi:  sounds like there may be some corrupt configuration files.  Please follow the instructions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/help-application-doesnt-updat e.html.

Note:  you may not need to completely uninstall/reinstall the Help Manager -- try deleting the following directories first and then simply restarting the Help Manager to see if the auto-update mechanism clears out the cached files.

Delete the following directory:

Windows: %appdata%/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 

Tip:
    To find this directory in Windows, copy the preceding phrase into the Windows Explorer file manager.

Mac OS:
    /[user name]/Library/Preferences/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points