Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot install Illustrator CS6 from Adobe Application Manager

Jun 27, 2012 11:57 PM

Tags: #illustrator #install #cs6 #creative_cloud #corrupted

I just signed up for Creative Cloud, and am getting the message "The download appears corrupted. Press Cancel, wait a few minutes and try again (-60)" error when trying to install Illustrator using the Application Manager.

I have successfully installed Photoshop and InDesign, but tried several times with downloading and installing Illustrator.

What is wrong? How can I solve it?

Reagrds,

Håkan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 12:07 AM   in reply to HakanErn

Download and install the Illustrator as the Trial from the adobe.com. Once installed you can License the software with your Adobe ID.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 10:57 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

This process (from reply #1) worked for me on a failed indesgin install.  Would love to know where temporary install files of Adobe Applicaton Manager are stored and what they are named so I could delete them esp if they are corrupted.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to HakanErn

Sorry for late response ,

@Ledsjovagen,

Follow the steps in the Article for error 101 :- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assista nt.html ,

@jsnola,

the install file from the AAM are saved in the Temp folder with the unique ID folder , however this files gets deleted automatically when the install completes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to HakanErn

If your "Main disk" is where your windows 7 installation resides and it's temporary files are created 6GB of free space may not be enough.  Think about 6GB pf hard disk space in comparison to your RAM memory - say it is 4GB, 8GB, or even 16GB of ram then 6 GB or hard disk space for the operating system - the hard drive will not keep up.  I recommend more free space on OS drive.

Jay Seastrunk, AIA

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points