Skip navigation

Stuck on Loading... screen  -- Forever

Oct 27, 2010 8:55 AM

Latest reply: TedWDF, Dec 14, 2012 11:34 AM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 2:24 AM   in reply to lecutas

EDIT: Whoops.. Didn't see page 2 with the hotfix etc.. Deleted my reply as it is no longer relevant.

/Michael

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Message was edited by: www.cpguru.com

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to RodWard

Thanks Rod. I checked that and none of those options are checked off for our project.

Is there anything else that might cause this time out to occur?

-Sara

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 8:24 PM   in reply to SaraBNYM

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe somewhere in your LMS settings this course is configured to have a time limit.  Have you checked this on the LMS side?

If not, perhaps your LMS requires that the course is allocated a given time to complete, so you may NEED to set the options for time allowed, etc, in SCORM settings.  I'm shooting a bit in the dark here because I cannot remember ever seeing this type of error (SCORMs being closed down due to timeout) unless there was a time limit set.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to SaraBNYM

One thing that you could try as well is to use Philips rewamped SCORM templates for Adobe Captivate provided that you are using Captivate 5.5. These SCORM templates are much more efficient than the default (error filled) Adobe Captivate Templates, so this might help you with the timeout issue.

You can get the rewamped templates here; https://github.com/pipwerks/Captivate-Publishing-Templates-Redux

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to www.cpguru.com

With the Captivate fix in place, we are still seeing the same loading freeze issue. It does not have an effect on all users, but some users are still running into this issue.

Has anyone else been experiencing this even though they have applied the fix to the project?

Thanks,

Sara

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to SaraBNYM

Hi Sara,

For me, the version 5 hotfix did not seem to fix the loading issue when publishing SCORM 1.2 material.

still.......  loading........ forever.......

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to swmangold

Hotfix does NOT work. This is a major issue that needs to be addressed. Loading, loading, loading is all our users can see via the SumTotal LMS we are running. I'm up to about 10 version now on the LMS just to try and test out all possible sceanrios wtih the SCORM settings. Adobe should be emabarrassed that they cannot clean up their code so this issue doesn't continue. So deflating to put so much work into a module only to have to spend HOURS trying to appease users who cannot get the module to load via the LMS.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to Writechick3

HI,

I feel your pain.

Couple of questions:

1.In Captivate did you:

Set the manifest to 'Never send Resume data?' (Check box next  "clicked")

2. In the LMS course settings:

Set "Upon relaunch, subsequent attempts..." to NO.

That's all I had to do to fix this issue using Captivate 5.5.  Don't

recall where I heard this, buried in some forum someplace, probable Adobe

community of support - so I cannot take credit for it, but it works

reliably for me.

I agree Adobe should be ashamed, but in Adobe talk .0 version = beta.

(Maybe anything less than .8 version = beta!!)

Good luck, if all else fails - swear LOUDER.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to Writechick3

Each LMS is slightly different in how it interprets the SCORM standard, and Resume Data bookmarking is not consistently supported across the entire LMS industry.

Last time I communicated with Jayashree about this issue she indicated that there were still some possible scenarios where the hotfix would not resolve the endless loading bug.  But she was still interested in looking at any information people could send about these scenarios.  So, I recommend you send her a private message on this forum and offer to send details of your particular issue.

Your other choice is to download the trial for Cp6 and test the new Rustici SCORM driver it is now using.  Rustici make the SCORM players used in many high-end LMSs.  So your chances of getting Resume Data Bookmarking to work are now markedly improved with Cp6.  If you're going to waste any more than a day on this issue, the upgrade price for Cp6 is looking pretty reasonable (not to mention all the other goodies you get with this latest release).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to Writechick3

I entirely agree!  While the hotfix for Captibate 5.5 seemed to work for me it clearly has not worked for all.  ADOBE should be ashamed of themselves for marketing their product as SCORM compliant when so many issues with SCORM  are in the wild.  It is not good enough to say just turn off 'send resume data'.  It should work regardless.  The problem as it exists renders the entire program useless for many people and a complete waste of money.  This is a shame because when it works it works well.  I do not recommend upgrading to version 6.  The modest updates do not justify the price and in any event those updates are so modest they should have been included as an update in version 5.5.  I have have not seen a single released update for Captivate version 5.5, instead when I click on search for updates, each and every time I get the message along the lines "The update server is down".  I would need to be a fool to believe that message. 

I downloaded the trial version of Captivate 6 and tested some of the updates.  Many of them do not work or are so confusing and unintitive in terms of configuring them as to make them useless; the program runs pitifully slowly and requires enormous amounts of system resources.  I am using a new laptop with 8Gb of RAM and it ran sow slowly it was panful.  I saw nothing to justify the upgrade price and I will not be buying another ADOBE product ever again, they are just not worth the hassle.

Lecutas

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to lecutas

The trouble is that much of the SCORM standards *where they refer to the

functionality of the LMS *are open to interpretation, and many things are

optional, rather than required. So lots of LMSs have differing

interpretations of the standards. Vendors like Adobe have to constantly

build in workarounds for the vagaries of the various LMSs.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to lecutas

In all fairness to Adobe the majority of the problems with SCORM implementations actually comes from the LMS vendors and the relatively loose SCORM specification.

The best way to test if Adobe Captivate 5.5 or Adobe Captivate 6.0 is SCORM compliant is to create your course and upload it to SCORM Cloud (http://scorm.com/scorm-solved/scorm-cloud-features/). If your content works here (which Captivate content actually does) then the problem is not that Captivate outputs bad SCORM, but instead that your LMS has a poor implementation of SCORM.

Captivate 6 contains a completely rewamped SCORM engine with scripts and functionality supplied by Rustici (http://scorm.com/). Rustici is probably one of the most - if not the most - competent SCORM company in the world so if you are still not able to get Captivate 6 SCORM content to run in your LMS, then chances are that it is the LMS that is the problem. Many LMS's haven't implemented the full SCORM specification and while Captivate can report Interaction Data etc. there are some LMS's that are SCORM Complaint, but doesn't support Interaction Data. If Captivate tries to send interaction data and your LMS does not respond to it well, then the fault is with the LMS. That is why "Never send resume data" can be a valid solution for some LMS's - not because of Captivate doing something wrong, but simply because your LMS can't handle the SCORM calls that Captivate generates.

If you are having issues with Captivate SCORM content and your LMS then make sure that you are publishing to SCORM 1.2. This is the most basic of the SCORM specifications and will in 99.9% of the times be sufficient for deploying a course. This SCORM specification is also the most widely adopted and has been around for the longest time, minimizing the possibility of the LMS vendor not having implemented certain aspects of SCORM.

That being said I do fully agree that the files that Captivate 5.5 and below outputs when you publish to SCORM isn't exactly world class. The HTML and JavaScript files are full of redundant code, checks to see if you are running Windows 3.1, weird queries to find out if it should use external interface or not and then finally overrides the value with a static variable declaration etc. Not exactly what you would expect to see, but despite these things the content would still run fine in most LMS's.

In my book Captivate 6 is worth the upgrade price for non-technical users / SCORM people alone due to the new SCORM engine by Rustici.

And if you think that SCORM is bad then try working with AICC based LMS's.. The AICC specification consists of 9 separate AGR's (AICC Guidelines & Recommendations) but since there are 9 different AGR's the "AICC compliant" can mean a lot of different things since there are 9 differents AGR's to be compliant with. There are only 3 or 4 LMS vendors that actually have the stamp "AICC Certified" while there are several hundres that have been "SCORM Certified".

One could argue that Captivate outputs poor AICC content, but the actual problem might be that your LMS vendor is only supporting a limited number of the AICC AGR's.

Updates and speed seem to run fine on my two computers. I have an old Quad-core q6600 with 3.5GB Ram and Win XP and a Intel Core i7, with 16GB Ram and SSD HDD and it runs well on both machines. Of course it is much faster on the i7 machine, but it's still acceptable on the old Quad-core.

/Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to Steve Howard, ACP

Steve you answered while I was typing my novel here ;o)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to www.cpguru.com

dSee to marked = win  ;-D

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to Steve Howard, ACP

Steve/Guru,

Your points are well made and while I have no doubt that your advanced skills in this area allow you to overcome some of the issues with Captivate the vast majority of users in this forum do not have those skills.  That is not to say that Captivate is faulty because people lack skills, but some people have been virtually begging for a fix for months and months on this very forum and Adobe were extremely slow in coming forward with a fix.  I appreciate the varied nature of SCORM implementations but when ADOBE did identify a general fix they did not release it into the wild, or make it freely available until those beggers shamed them into **** so.  No updates via the usual update channels, in fact no updates of any kind whatever.  What changes there are in version 6 in my opinion amount to nothing more than the necessary updates needed to make version 5.5 work properly.  It is slow on the computer and it does not justify its hefty asking price.  I am happy that it works for you guys but I suspect the less technically able, who are looking for a non programming product will be disappointed to have paid for something that does not do that.

Lecutas.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to www.cpguru.com

I completely understand what you are explaining cpguru- HOWEVER- this is Adobe's product and I have worked with the SumTotal content developers for hours on end trying to figure out the loading problem. They point the finger at Adobe, Adobe points the finger back at the LMS vendor...meanwhile we developers stay frustrated and our users cannot view our eLearning modules! I have put every final product through the SCORM cloud and it 'works' with no errors...  Adobe professes that their product (Captivate) is best of breed- well, honestly after just updating to 5.5 in order to have the 5.0 bugs fixed and spending another 150.00 and we STILL have this same problem with the loading screen is just unacceptable. Now, they 'say' that the 6.0 version fixes the problem because they all of a sudden added in a new SCORM engine, I will have to see it to believe it! I have a loaner laptop that I'm testing it on because I don't trust Adobe enough to ever upgrade my projects to 6.0 without thoroughly testing their product on the LMS before purchasing.

I have used Captivate for years and to be required to upgrade for 350.00 just to fix what should have been a patch all along is ridiculous at best. I work in a huge organization and we depend on Captivate for the majority of our CBTs that we develop and as the lead ISD person I can tell you that I'm beyond frustrated with Adobe's "fixes" and upgrades because it seems as though they fix 2 things, then break 3- then we pay money and upgrade yet again???!  I don't care how this problem gets resolved or who is to 'blame' for the issue- I just know that as a developer we all would like this resolved! I enjoy using Captivate and the features are wonderful- but not when you cannot share the features with your end users because the module won't 'load'!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Writechick3

YEAH BABY.  I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU.  ADOBE might as well change their name to beta becuase nothin works as advertised. I am looking for another solution and something I can work in HTML5 so I can drop flash also.  Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to TedWDF

Ted, try Adobe Captivate 6 - I don't think so...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to lecutas

Hey, thanks for reply,

Fair enough, but  I upgraded to 5.5 because of the issues with 5.0.  How

do I justify to management that I need 6.0 because I was wrong to ask them

for 5.5?  Maybe I am being naïve (rare in a 60 year-old) but maybe Adobe

ought to step up to the plate and say: "We screwed up.  If you bought

5.0/5.5 here is 6.0 for free."  Seriously, I want a replacement, cause

this is BS.  Everyone in the org (except for training dept) thinks an

employee has better things to do than take training. If the access to it

(ie LMS), the courseware performance, and ultimately the content don't

work together to make it simple, straightforward and hopefully meaningful

to the employee - who gets blamed? Adobe?? The LMS???

Guess again.

Senior Manager ISD and e-learning

BIOTRONIK

6024 Jean Rd.

Lake Oswego, Or. 97035

www.biotronik.com

lecutas <forums@adobe.com>

To:

TedWDF <ted.mckenna@biotronik.com>

Date:

07/03/2012 09:08 AM

Subject:

Re: Stuck on Loading... screen  -- Forever Stuck on Loading... screen  -- Forever

Re: Stuck on Loading... screen -- Forever

created by lecutas in Quizzing/LMS - View the full discussion

Ted, try Adobe Captivate 6 - I don't think so...

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not

directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either

reply to this email or visit the message page: [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4536197#4536197]

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4536197#4536197]. In the Actions box on

the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Quizzing/LMS by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications

please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:32 AM   in reply to TedWDF

@TED- AMEN!!!!!  I've already 'tried' justifying 6.0 to my Director... no dice! So, as you said... now WE (the ISD devs) get the backlash from the bad software 'update' of 5.5. I think you are right- Adobe should give us 6.0 (those who upgraded to 5.5 from 5) the software for free- no doubt there will be other bugs that still need to be fixed anyway. I'm so glad to see others are just as frustrated as I am. I am feversihly looking at other products that can produce effective eLearning materials and although they may not have the bells and whistles, at least it's launchable via the LMS and doesn't get stuck 'loading' or doesn't stick during the quizzing if a user clicks the 'back' button (that was yet another problem in 5.0).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to Writechick3

I gave up on captivate quizzes long ago and just use the dumbed down ones

in the LMS. Yeah I know that from ISD perspective the quiz (pretty useless

anyway) is now completely useless, but it satisfies a suit's requirement

that "We gotta test 'em".  Not worth the hassle from LMS side to captivate

quiz. I am so freakin sick of Adobe.  To think they are making me look bad

and I pay them.  I already do this naturally.  I don't need their help.

Hang in.  Better days ahead. They gotta go belly up someday.

BIOTRONIK

6024 Jean Rd.

Lake Oswego, Or. 97035

www.biotronik.com

Writechick3 <forums@adobe.com>

To:

TedWDF <ted.mckenna@biotronik.com>

Date:

07/03/2012 09:32 AM

Subject:

Re: Stuck on Loading... screen  -- Forever Stuck on Loading... screen  -- Forever

Re: Stuck on Loading... screen -- Forever

created by Writechick3 in Quizzing/LMS - View the full discussion

@TED- AMEN!!!!!  I've already 'tried' justifying 6.0 to my Director... no

dice! So, as you said... now WE (the ISD devs) get the backlash from the

bad software 'update' of 5.5. I think you are right- Adobe should give us

6.0 (those who upgraded to 5.5 from 5) the software for free- no doubt

there will be other bugs that still need to be fixed anyway. I'm so glad

to see others are just as frustrated as I am. I am feversihly looking at

other products that can produce effective eLearning materials and although

they may not have the bells and whistles, at least it's launchable via the

LMS and doesn't get stuck 'loading' or doesn't stick during the quizzing

if a user clicks the 'back' button (that was yet another problem in 5.0).

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not

directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either

reply to this email or visit the message page: [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4536227#4536227]

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4536227#4536227]. In the Actions box on

the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Quizzing/LMS by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications

please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to TedWDF

Me too. I changed completely to Articulate Studio 09. Much more better and easy.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to dianellys

Really!!

I used to use Presenter a while back and found it unstable and kinda

kludgie (kloogie? kloogee? wtf).  So I went to Captivate and invested in

the learning curve.  09 is better huh?  Maybe I'll give her a try. Thx.

Wait, that's another adobe product- right?   Man, it's like paying for a

benz, getting a tata and what you really need is a honda.

BIOTRONIK

6024 Jean Rd.

Lake Oswego, Or. 97035

www.biotronik.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to Writechick3

@ Lecutas:

I can't see anywhere which LMS you are trying to deploy your content to. Is it SumTotal as well?

I doubt that Adobe is able to make a general fix for this problem, because the problem is most likely different from LMS to LMS. 

While testing Captivate 6 did you then try and publish some SCORM Content and upload it to your LMS?

@ Writechick3:

I'm not saying that Adobe Captivate is the best product in the world to do SCORM content. The thing is that with every single rapid development tool that deploys to SCORM you will have problems in one LMS or another. When I do freelance work with Captivate (or any other authoring tool) the deliverable is always that the course will play in SCORM Cloud. This is because it is widely accepted as the autority on testing SCORM content. Making courses work in different LMS's is pain in... but this unfortunately applies to more or less every Rapid Development tool and even custom courses built in Flash  or HTML5 from scratch. Where Adobe fails is that the marketing of Captivate makes it sound like it is a breeze to deploy content in your LMS and that is unfortunately not always the case.

One thing to keep in mind with SumTotal LMS is that it doesn't work with IE9 "standard Mode" which is the default IE9 settings. In order to view content in SumTotal with IE9 it needs to be run in "Quirks mode". I'm pretty sure that CP5.5 content runs in Quirks mode by default, but you might want to check up on that. In Captivate 6 that means that you are not able to publish courses to HTML5 and use SumTotal LMS to deploy, as the LMS only supports IE9 Quirks mode, which is not HTML5 valid. However SWF content from Adobe Captivate 6 will run in SumTotal LMS and I seem to recall that this was actually one of the LMS's that Adobe tested CP6 with (along with Blackboard, Plateau, SABA and Moodle) so you should be fine with Captivate 6 SCORM content.

You might want to try out Philips rewamped SCORM templates for Adobe Captivate 5.5. These SCORM templates are much more efficient than the default (error filled) Adobe Captivate Templates, so perhaps this can fix your problem. You can get the rewamped templates here; https://github.com/pipwerks/Captivate-Publishing-Templates-Redux

As for the upgrade price for Captivate 6 I do agree that it is way to expensive. Also - the fact that a subscription is cheaper than a boxed upgrade is pretty sad, since many corporate clients cannot use the subcription model. I do think that there are much more to Captivate 6 than just some rewamped SCORM templates. The HD Video recording is pretty neat, the new Interactions, new quizzing features (scope, remediation etc.) and smart objects. Publish to HTML5 will probably also ring someones bells although I'm not a big fan of HTML5 at this point in time.

So.. If I were you I would try the rewamped SCORM templates mentioned above. Publish your course to SCORM 1.2 and enable "Never send resume data". Also - take a look here at Infosemantics page about Captivate and SumTotal: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-learning-managment-sys tem-lms-guide/sumtotal

/Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to www.cpguru.com

Thank you CPGURU... I have played with the Phillips revamped SCORM templates. I am going to continue my Cap 6 testing on my loaner laptop and see how far I get before running into issues with the LMS. We run IE8 as our Corporate standard and have worked tirelessly with SumTotal on why the courses won't load for some users (pop-up blockers were turned off, java checked, Flash version checked etc.) it's just cumbersome to always have to troubleshoot why the course will not load and with over 4000 users as you can imagine, it gets bothersome that our courseware keeps running into the same issues. We also have other modules running off the LMS from ourside vendors (such as SAI Gobal) and we never  have any issues with their content loading. So once again, I go back to the fact that Captivate is the bug!

I thank you for your ideas/advice/insights. This forum board is a wonderful place to relieve the anxiety and at least get some peace of mind that others are experiencing the same issues. I hope someone that cares at Adobe will read through these comments and make some much needed changes to how they perform updates and bug fixes and the prices they charge!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to Writechick3

@CPGURU

We use the Kalidus LMS and while I am a novice developer, our L&D team do use professional developers who have in fact tried and given up using Captivate due to the issues.  I have persisted and tinkered with the manifest settings and applied the 5.5 hotfix.  While some users are still experiencing the 'loading' issue by and large the issue is resolved.

I am wary of trying out Captivate 6 for fear of the issue arising once again.  As for the remainder of points I think Writechick3 has said everything i was going to.  I do accept your point however that Captivate may at times be between a rock and a hard place with the SCORM implemetations across various systems, but like Writechick I think if Captivate is to keep its loyal if strained customer base it needs to look closely at how they treat us and reconsider whether there should be an alternative to a paid upgrade to version 6.  I didn't publish anything in version 6 due to giving up mainly for the slow speed of the package.  Given that you and others have not experienced these issues I may reconsider and download the trial to my PC (as opposed to my laptop) and test it further.  I like the idea of the SCORM Cloud and had not heard of that before.

Grateful for the above tips.

Lecutas

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:41 AM   in reply to lecutas

Adobe added a whole new LMS-publish implementation to CP6 for exactly this

reason. I understand your cynicism, because it hurts to get burnt. One

thing I can say sincerely about the Captivate team is that they do care and

they are working hard to get the product perfect for all users.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:42 AM   in reply to lecutas

Hi Lecutas,

May I know what are those operations in Captivate 6 doesn't work and confusing? Is the slowness observed while doing any specific set of operations? If there is any specific issue, we will try to resolve.

Thanks,

Sankaram.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Sankaram

@Sankaram

Much obliged, I am going to download the test version again and I will send you a report of my findings.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Dec 7, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to JPCaptivate

Hi, any reason why I can't download the dll? I've tried for two days now and the download always fails. It's bad enough this issue has delayed our project for over a week, now we can't even get the "fix". Continual problems like this from Adobe are why we're dropping Connect soon and will not be upgrading any of our Adobe products (tired of paying for a new set of bugs). Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to adobe_yunowork

Hi, I notice it was reported in April that the download link for Captivate 5 was not working. Considering this is a critical fix, I think it is a little ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed in 8 months and people have to post their emails in an open forum (opening them to spambots) in order to get it. Please fix your website or let me know how I can get this patch without posting my email here.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to adobe_yunowork

Hi, I hate to bump this so soon but currently our content is useless. For the sake of expediency, since I doubt Adobe will bother actually fixing their site so users can download the fix for their broken software, if someone could email the proper file to adobesucks@outlook.com it would be fabulous, thanks again.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to adobe_yunowork

Since I really need to try this "hotfix" I took a closer look at the two URLs listed here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/projects-published-captivate-5-lms .html

I realized that the broken one for Captivate 5 SHOULD BE:

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/929/cpsid_92936/attachments/C PSwf9Template.dll

Even a large company like Adobe should be able to get this link fixed in a day or so and not force their users to try and figure it out after months of "looking into it". I only bother to post this in the hopes that it helps someone else save days of wasted time.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to adobe_yunowork

Hi,

I was able to temporarily fix the problem.  Since the problem was happening when some users and other dont.  Our LMS Support Staff sent us a few steps to solve the problem, individually per user.   Everytime a project stucks on loading screens on my LMS, which is Oracle/Taleo/Learn.com,  I have to Reset the Tracking Data...and the problem is gone.  These are the steps I use, I don't know if it works like this for other LMS....

Launch the course but DON’T “click here to launch the course” yet.

In the Address Bar, add the following and hit enter:         &debug=1

Click to launch the course.   You will see any extra frame load at the top.

For API Call, enter: cmi.suspend_data

For Data Value, leave it blank.

Click  LMSSetValue.

Click Submit Query.

Do the same thing for cmi.core.lesson_location.

For API Call, enter: cmi.core.lesson_location

For Data Value, leave it blank.

Click  LMSSetValue.

Click Submit Query.

Click LMSFinish. (usualmente se cierra automaticamente la ventana y entonces omites lo de submit Query.

Click Submit Query and close the course window.

Exit completely out of the course player (or remove “&debug=1” from the address bar and hit enter).

Relaunch the course, it should now open correctly.

**If someone has learn.com and have this same problem I can send you the document with the steps and print screens.

***** Since this problems affects  the service we are bringing to our users, we opted to change from Captivate to Articulate Studio 09 Pro.  The best change we have made... Extremely easy and it doesnt have the loading problem.  Also, it download fast from the LMS.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to dianellys

Thanks. I think our issue is with captivate. I think we've resolved with how we configure scorm as I outlined. Glad to hear presentor is reliable. Will have to try it.

Pardon my brevity.  Sent from my Blackberry, Ted McKenna

BIOTRONIK Inc.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers