Skip navigation
Seattle Rex
Currently Being Moderated

Turn Off Email SPAM Signature?

Jul 1, 2012 9:44 PM

Hey Guys,

I use Photoshop Touch on a Galaxy Tab 10.1" running Honeycomb, and everytime I try to email a photograph, PhotoShop Touch appends a SPAM signature with a download link to my outgoing emails.

Yes, I can scroll to the bottom,backspace 30 or 40 times, and manually delete it, but this has caused me all kinds of headaches with over-running the signature and deleting my messages, etc.  If I want people to know how I create my images, trust me, I know how to inform them.

Since I use the app professionally, and I really, really don't want to have spam appended to my emails (we're not supposed to include links in our messages to co-workers), can someone tell me how to turn this off permanently?

Frankly, I'm a little shocked that Adobe has taken it upon themselves to use paying customers to send SPAM without their consent, and I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in them. Sure, I've seen this nonesense before, but until now, there has always been an obvious way to turn it off.

Since the SPAM signatures were not disclosed pre-purchase, I think Adobe is treading on thin ice here from a EULA perspective, what with acting in bad faith and all.

In any event, has anyone found a way, any way at all, to turn these things off?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to Seattle Rex

There's no option that I know of. However, I think you can do what I do for blocks of text (although I'm using Ice Cream Sandwich so it may be a little different):

Long press the first word in the block of text.

Screenshot_2012-07-03-13-04-27.png

Drag the rightmost handle to the end of the block of text (or use the "Select All" command in the upper right).

Screenshot_2012-07-03-13-04-44.png

Tap the backspace key.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 3:02 PM   in reply to Seattle Rex

Hi Seattle Rex,

I created a idea thread (aka feature request) on your behalf requesting this functionality

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1883

Please add you vote and any clarifying comments needed

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points