Skip navigation
naokitomita
Currently Being Moderated

cannot "grab" the scrollable content...?

May 25, 2012 3:22 AM

Hi,

Im having a problem with the scrollable content option.

I have a list of thumbnail pictures that at same time each thumbnail is  a button linked to different pages.

what happens is that I cant "grab" the content to scroll it, and jumps to the the page linked.

this wasnt happening in older version where i could perfectly "grab" to schroll and when I only "tap" the thumbnail jumped to the link...

Is someone having the same problem?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 5:42 AM   in reply to naokitomita

Have you actually enabled it as scrollable content? With the frame selected open the scollable content pane and make sure to set everything appropriately.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to naokitomita

This is happening because the thumbnails are buttons and they are responding to the on release touch action. Best solution is to design a scroll handle in any one side of the frame which is just a static image and you can make it look like a real life scroll object.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to naokitomita

1.jpg

I just created and tested and it's working fine for me... I mean I can scroll from any part of the frame and mso is active only when I tap a thumbnail photo which is a button.

I placed 12 pics in indesign and grouped them. Then I used the place into button to put it in a frame. I used overlay creator and made it a scrollable fame. I also created a mso of digit 1 to 12 and used the  12 pics as buttons to go to each state. Published the folio. Tested it in desktop and iPad... It's working alright. I guess there is something wrong with your process. Do reply.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 3:35 PM   in reply to naokitomita

Hey, I even tried putting a single image inside the scrollable content frame with blank frames on top and grouped with the single image, used as buttons... It still works...

I think Bob is right... Check your scrollable content settings... I think you have not set the scroll direction properly or it may still be saying off...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi bob,

Im still here having this problem...

the only thing that i found is that i can "grab" the content

when the buttons function is to change the MSO.

when I put the button linked to another page is when i cant grab anymore the scrollable content...

I would like to know if this is normal.

once again Ive checked all the setting in the overlay creator and everything is fine.

thank you so much.

Brests,

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:21 PM   in reply to TTmt

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well for some time now. Since the v20 was released the buttons inside a scrolling frame cannot be 'grabbed'. Only if you scroll in the 'inactive' area the content scrolls, if you touch a button and scroll (not tap) the frame doesn't scroll. Again this was perfect in before but something seems to have changed.

Bob, any idea?

Cheers, Tony

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to tony kamberi ug

I certainly wouldn't eliminate changed behavior or a bug, but I haven't run into this yet.

If I have some time I'll try to put a test file together and check it out.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points