• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know why my Flash freezes after 11 seconds on all browsers?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All flash videos from any web site using any browser freezes after 11 seconds. The download bar in the video continues to go until the video is completly loaded but the video will not play after 11 seconds. If I skip ahead a couple of seconds and then click play it will play some more but it will stop again in 11 seconds from that point. I have already went through all the steps that are listed in Adobe web site support including using the uninstall tool. Nothing seems to be working and I am in need of some help.

Thank you,

amp2288

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something that just recently started occurring?  You might want to try creating a temporary windows account and see if it occurs there too.  When testing, make sure windows is loading only the minimal amount of applications/utilities at startup.  It sounds like something is conflicting here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was something that just started to occur. I will give your suggestion a try as well as try it in safemode with networking as well. Unfortunately I will not be able to try it until I get the computer back from the owner. I was fixing it as a favor for someone I know. When I give it a try I will post my results. Thanks for your help and advise.

amp2288

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I got the computer back today and tried making a new account like you suggested to see if I could get the flash to play. Unfortunately it is still freezing at 11 seconds. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks,

amp2288

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that the computer runs on Windows, try if updating the graphic drivers improves the situation; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it is running Windows XP and I did update my graphics drivers. I have tried running flash on all of the latest web browser and IE8. I am still having the same problem. I also tried to see if Silverlight was working on MSN and it will not work at all. I have also recently discovered that all downloads time out after a little while. I can get the downloads to work by retrying over and over again until it is finished. I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the downloader in the Windows XP system but not sure how to fix it yet. If anyone has any ideas besides running the system file checker tool that never works on anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

amp2288

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines