Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

remove Fill & Stroke?

Jul 3, 2012 7:49 PM

Tags: #illustrator #help #windows_7 #illustrator_cs6 #fill_stroke #remove_fill #remove_stroke

Hello:                                                                                                               OS: Windows 7 Home 64bit

I have made a copy of a circle of which I need to remove the Fill and Stroke.

I have clicked the thumbnails, on the Tools panel, of the Fill & Stroke to set to None but this didn't remove either in my copy.

I have checked under each and every Menu option and I have checked in the F&S panel itself to no avail.

Could you please explain how I go about removing the F&S of a copy?

Oh, also ... in Illustrator is a Copy the same as a Duplicate?

Thank you for your time

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2012 10:03 PM   in reply to Kar209

Did you click on the circle to make it active? Since I don't know your experience level, I have to ask.

Open the layer panel and the appearence panel and post screen grabs of them, plus grab the top tool bar, with the circle selected for all screen grabs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 1:08 AM   in reply to Kar209

Yeah, I mean capturing the screen so we can see whats up.

Nothing to laugh at. We all start somewhere. Any questions feel free to ask, thats what were here for. To learn and to help others to learn. Have a good night.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 9:35 PM   in reply to Kar209

I am in New York. I still get on the forums even on holidays.

Scaling proportionally, place cursor over corner anchor and hold down shift key then drag.

If you also hold down the alt key you can scale from the center of the object instead of the opposite corner.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 9:40 PM   in reply to Silkrooster

I should correct that, place the cursor over any anchor and the shift key will scale proportionately using the opposite anchor.

Holding shift+alt will scale from the center when placing the cursor over any anchor.

Just want to make it clear that you don't have to use a corner anchor when scaling. Thats kind of why the shift key is required. (don't really know the true reason, but thats my guess...)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 12:55 AM   in reply to Kar209

Nope, to far to NYC. I am closer to the Canadian border.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 5:23 PM   in reply to Kar209

So what are the steps to Take off any stroke and fill on the text? I'm trying step 1 of http://vectips.com/tutorials/quick-tutorial-create-a-reusable-retro-ty pe-treatment/

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 1:06 AM   in reply to StayFocused81

You might want to take a look at this (see the video too)

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e0 7d0100196cbc5f-6519a.html#WSDF6D5870-B06C-4e6d-9B6C-FFEB2FBDF939a

Removing means: setting fill and stroke to "None"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points