I've released three issues in my app now, whereby the last two had renditions for the iPad3. Both times I followed the same steps, but I find them to be a bit unnescessarily time-consuming, so I'm wondering if there are any quicker ways of doing this.
Here is my way of doing it;
1. I have a fully finished folio made in 768x1024. The whole development process is done on iPad2 with images in 144dpi.
2. All is finished, and I am ready to duplicate the whole folio in 1536x2048.
3. In inDesign I create a new folio, with the same name and details (but with 1536x2048)
4. I go online to the Folio Producer, click my way to the new empty folio, and click "Add".
- Now comes my main question. Is there any way to add multiple/all articles at once? The way I do it, is to add one and one article at the time, and this becomes very tedious and time consuming.
5. After all articles are added, all is seemingly well, but i cannot publish the folio. This gives me an error, saying the folio contains content in the wrong resolution.
6. I go to inDesign and update each and every article. (again, time consuming)
7. Folio rendition is finished and ready to publish.
Is there a better way of doing this? Tips would be greatly appreciated.
I produce "M Le magazine du Monde" evry week, we had the same question.
We found the following:
1. Work and finish your iPad2 1024x768 folio.
2. Then create a new iPad3 folio (2048x1536)
3. Using inDesign Folio Builder Panel, import all articles
4. Only two things to be done again: re-order the articles, re-fill kicker metadata*
*we use "tomaxxiXMP" to embedd in our inDesign files the main metadata (author & title).
Hope it will help...
I had my first go today with the generator Johannes Henseler built: http://projects.nordsueddesign.de/sidecarxml/#
Worth every minute spent using it, easy to do and manage, makes life much easier for renditions.
Europe, Middle East and Africa