I just tested Stage3D in test player (ctrl + enter) and found that Video Driver used for this - 'Software (Embedded)' why? In Flash CS6 I can test only for AIR if I wan't to use hardware renderer. This is a bug or what?
I mean another.. I targeting to FP 11.2 and press ctrl+enter. Simple Context3D request return Software render driver. If I target to any AIR - GPU driver works. So looking on this I see - test player in flash 11.2 do not support GPU rendering
Try CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to get the debugger and see if you get software.
That aside, do note that the Software rendering Molehill provides is still a ton faster than the standard display list. They use a special software rendering engine. It should run very close to hardware speed and you should see huge performance benefits over the display list.
What video card do you use and have you updated its driver?
1. Select Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts...
2. At the top select the "Duplicate Set" button to make a new keyboard profile, name it what you like
3. In the list, roll down Control->Test Movie, select in Flash Professional
4. Click the Shortcuts [+] button, clicking in the area provided below to re-assign it to a new key (such as CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER)
5. Back in the list, roll down Debug->Debug Movie, select in Flash Professional
6. Click the Shortcuts [+] button, clicking in the area provided below and set it to CTRL+ENTER
Now CTRL+ENTER will always launch the debugger and give you whatever version you overlayed. Yes, it launches the debugger view as well, but that shouldn't matter as normal view is restored when the movie is closed, and debugger view is useful.
Sure Thanks for this tips.
Also I like simply use Air 3.3 Publish config so during tests I will not use debug player.
But anyway - can't figureout this issue with software rendering directly in test player
Europe, Middle East and Africa