Skip navigation
richardtknight
Currently Being Moderated

AVCHD video issues on CS6

Jul 3, 2012 10:55 AM

Tags: #on #video #avchd #issues #cs6

Having just upgraded, my AVCHD files now dont play... or at least the video, audio plays fine but the video window remains either green or black, the files are all ok as i've checked in media player and QT.

If I open the same files in 5.5 then all is fine and the play ok. I;'m having to export the files from 5.5 as a match squence settings, then import in CS6 and then they work fine.

Any ideas very welcome.

All my video from my CANON 5d mk11 play perfectly....

Its just issues with the AVCHD files from my Sony MC2000.

many thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to richardtknight

Hi Richard,

So do you have BOTH the CS5.5 and CS6 versions installed on the same machine? This could be an issue, it is best to completely uninstall the old version, run the Adobe Cleaner utility to make sure there are no remnants left, then do a clean install of CS6 and any updates.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Also, with tapeless video formats, it is best practice to copy the entire folder structure from memory card to hard drive, then in Premiere, use "Media Browser" to do the Imports.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to richardtknight

But you've likely CREATED the problem by doing what you did....no reason a clean install should not play AVHCD files.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to richardtknight

Last time i installed cs6 and cs5.5 it took around 20 mins... So if you decided to uninstall 5.5 it shouldn't take too long.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to ComputerNovice25

I think it's the disc version that does take a couple of hours, electronic seems much quicker, excluding the download time of course!

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

I still got CS5.5 installed on my system and just tried an AVCHD file (1920 x 1080i) from the same camera and it played well in my HDV sequence. So that cannot be the issue!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to srukweza

srukweza wrote:

I still got CS5.5 installed on my system and just tried an AVCHD file (1920 x 1080i) from the same camera and it played well in my HDV sequence. So that cannot be the issue!

I tried this in CS6 BTW.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to srukweza

It interesting that your computer is a 100% identical clone of Richard's, that is amazing! Seriously, every computer is unique due to all the different combinations of software and drivers and hardware. Just because it works for you doesn't mean that Richard's install didn't maybe go sideways. We install a LOT of Adobe packages and I do a lot of support and sometimes an install is just funky and needs to be redone. There are no absolutes, trust me.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

I notice that there is a usual tendency about unistalling and reinstalling when someone post a question on these forums. But since I tried to replicate the issue I thought I should also post my findings.

Good luck anyway about uninstalling and reinstalling Richard!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 1:30 PM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

it is best to completely uninstall the old version, run the Adobe Cleaner utility to make sure there are no remnants left, then do a clean install of CS6 and any updates.

That's bad advice.  I'd agree that if a user wants to have only the new version, it's best to remove the old one first, but it's hardly mandatory or even recommended.  There's nothing wrong with keeping an old version around if you have reason.

And with the AVCHD issues in CS6, there is reason.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I'm having issues with MPEG4 video shot on a Sony PMW-EX1 both 720p and 1080p 29.97 exibiting random inconsistent horizontal tears in CS6.01.  CS5.5.2 did not have this problem.  Taking advice from this forum, I uninstalled CS5.5.2 and unistalled CS6 then reinstalled 6.  The problem is still there in CS6.  So now I must uninstall CS6 and reinstall CS5.5 then download the huge update file to upgrade to CS5.5.2.  After a half day of unnessassry work, I hope to have an operating editing system again.  I hope Adobe can find a fix for this well documented bug until then, CS6 is worthless.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to nickdbomb

nickdbomb wrote:

Taking advice from this forum, I uninstalled CS5.5.2 and unistalled CS6 then reinstalled 6. 

Some of the advise on this forum is based on personal experience. Anyone else can give their own opinion, therefore you have to take it with caution. You may end up wasting your productivity time doing unnecessary troubleshooting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 3:40 AM   in reply to nickdbomb

If you first install the older version and then install the newer version, they can happily coexist on your system without any problems. Many here have two or three versions installed, including a number of Adobe staff, who show their presence here. In your case first install CS5.5, update and then install CS6 and update. These installations are in different directories and will not get in each others way.

The problem you describe appears related to the video driver. Try if turning off hardware acceleration solves it. If not, try a different driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

It is a known bug in CS6 that Adobe has aknowledged and is investigating.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to nickdbomb

It is a known bug in CS6 that Adobe has aknowledged and is investigating.

Describe It.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to nickdbomb

I've read about it, but never experienced it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points