Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Thumbnail badge for Collections not being displayed

Jul 4, 2012 1:29 PM

Tags: #collection #thumbnail #badge

I am using Lightroom 4.1 on a vista computer.  I am in the process of building a number of sub-collections within a main collection.  About 400 pictures selected so far.  I have set the view>options to view thumbnail badges in grid view.  However, only one photo, which I have not done anything to, shows the badge for collections.  I would expect that every photo I assigned to a collection would show the collections badge.  When I deselect the thumbnail badge box, the badge disappears from the one photo that has it.  When I turn it back on, only the one photo shows the badge.

How can I have all the photos assigned to a collection show the badge?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to howdego

If the image is in only one collection, you only see the badge if you are viewing the folder that the image is in.

If the image is in more than one collection, you get the badge, no matter where you are. That probably explains why you have a picture with the collections badge.

Clicking on the badge shows what collections that image belongs to.

Hal

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to howdego

Any chance you've (inadvertently) added that single photo to the Quick Collection? Remember you can do that simply by clicking on the image in the grid or filmstrip and accidentaly hiiting the Quick Collection icon in the top right-hand corner,

If you click on the Collections badge for that one image, it will list all the collections that it is in. Have you checked that? What does it say?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points