Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Run Adobe RoboHelp X5 without activation

Jun 14, 2012 8:14 AM

Tags: #activation #x5

Hello,

I'm trying to run Adobe RoboHelp X5 without activation.

I have performed what is suggested in http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/run-robohelp-x5-activation.html but I still get the message that the sw will expire in x days.

I tried to run the patches from  various folder locations but didn't help.

Is there any other tip or other info that I miss?

thank you in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to zaxari

Whilst the patches should be installed, I think it is sufficient to install and then replace the exe files that you have also downloaded. At least I assume you have, you say you have installed the patches but you don't actually say you have replaced the exes and they are what should stop that message.

I don't know what sort of help you are generating but if it is webhelp, you seriously need to think about an upgrade as such help from X5 will have compatibility issues with current browsers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2012 2:42 AM   in reply to zaxari

When you open a project in a later version, it gets upgraded so your X5 project will open in any later version. You may have some issues with lists in RoboHelp 8 or above but they can be fixed so the answer is to take a backup and then upgrade to whatever version you have.

WinHelp can only be produced by RoboHelp for Word. Is that what is failing to open or RoboHelp HTML? The download files are for RoboHelp HTML only.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points