Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run Adobe RoboHelp X5 without activation

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to run Adobe RoboHelp X5 without activation.

I have performed what is suggested in http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/run-robohelp-x5-activation.html but I still get the message that the sw will expire in x days.

I tried to run the patches from  various folder locations but didn't help.

Is there any other tip or other info that I miss?

thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst the patches should be installed, I think it is sufficient to install and then replace the exe files that you have also downloaded. At least I assume you have, you say you have installed the patches but you don't actually say you have replaced the exes and they are what should stop that message.

I don't know what sort of help you are generating but if it is webhelp, you seriously need to think about an upgrade as such help from X5 will have compatibility issues with current browsers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your mail!

I have followed the whole procedure as described in the link. The patches are seen to be installed, and also verified that the new run is done from the folder where I copied the .exe files.

To be more exact, the new .exe files are smaler than the old ones.

I don't know what else to do!

May I ask sth more? Is RHv7 backwards compatible with RHx5?

Can a project implemented with RHx5 be modified with RHv7?

Currently I use winhelp and HTML helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open a project in a later version, it gets upgraded so your X5 project will open in any later version. You may have some issues with lists in RoboHelp 8 or above but they can be fixed so the answer is to take a backup and then upgrade to whatever version you have.

WinHelp can only be produced by RoboHelp for Word. Is that what is failing to open or RoboHelp HTML? The download files are for RoboHelp HTML only.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter,
I come back after 2 weeks since I waited to check if the X5 account expire or not. And it indeed expired!

You said that "The download files are for RoboHelp HTML only." Do you refer to the patches for setting the activation off?
I use RH for Word.

Anyway I migrated to RH7 using WIN7 64 bit however. Hope not to face any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp