Skip navigation
Seth.Blanchard
Currently Being Moderated

iPhone Folios not Visible

Jul 3, 2012 8:48 AM

I've created a dev build in Viewer Builder that is for iPhone and iPad.  The iPad version displays fine but the iPhone versions do not see any content.  I thought I might have used the wrong credentials in the builder, but the iPad version works fine.

When I use the Adobe Viewer on the different iPhones, the content is there.

I've published, updated, set to public, private and even unprotected the content and still nothing is getting it to show up.  Witts end.  Any ideas?

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jul 5, 2012 3:41 PM   in reply to Seth.Blanchard

If you're trying to view your iPad folios (1024x768 or 2048x1536) on your iPhone, that's your problem. You need to create 480x360 or 960x640 folios for the iPhone. You'll probably want to take advantage of renditions.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS4cb2576c7954973c-7 0d16164136e6c7cfbc-8000.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jul 6, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to Seth.Blanchard

One possibility is that you have an orientation mismatch—a dual folio with a single article, for example. Try previewing the folio (not the article or layout) using the desktop viewer. if you get an error, that's your problem.

If that doesn't work, try creating a simple test folio for your iPhone.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob,

I'm working with Seth on this project. I don't believe it's a orientation mismatch as I can view the folios using the desktop viewer and using the device preview. Any other suggestions we can try?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to Cameron Hathaway

Can you respond with the productID for the folio that's failing to appear? We can look up the details and see if there's anything indicative of a poorly-configured rendition on the back end.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to jamesroche

com.FloridaHospital.AlliesConnect

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to Cameron Hathaway

Right now, I'm seeing a single folio for the account that owns that productID. It's in 1024x768. Are you sure all folios are marked Public? It appears this one is marked Free/Public, but I can't account for others that aren't visible in the distribution service response.

To check the current state of the folios in your account, hover over the name of the folio in the "All Folios" view of Folio Producer. We are tracking a problem where the billed state of the document is out of phase with what's reflected on the server (a fix is forthcoming in our next release), so, to be 100% sure, update any folios in question to Public status.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to Seth.Blanchard

No problem. I'm glad I could help. Good luck with your app.

// James Roche

// I was born lucky

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points