• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Mega Menus

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a mega-menu style menu that works with BC?

For reference, see www.dotnetnuke.com. Their main navigation structure now includes simple, built-in mega menu functionality. My company's services are broad and extensive. I'd like to keep the number of clicks to a minimum for the user so he can gain quicker access.

Thanks for any advice or direction you can provide!

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivryrime,

yes, in general, it is possible. When you look into the page source for your example, you can see that all this was build with HTML, CSS and possibly some JQuery. You can set up your menu in BC just like this, use your own CSS to apply the styles and JQuery to help you build the dropdown functionality.

[ advertising removed by admin ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mega menus are kind of "trending" right now, and in certain instances are very helpful in terms of the user interfacing.  I infer your desire is centered on the user, and so that is the first step.  There are many articles out there . . . here's just one: http://www.uie.com/articles/mega_menus

regards, Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My experience at least with superfish is you would probably need to create a page with the necessary links built from a set of webapps then just slurp it up with ajax and spit it out into the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines