• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premeire Pro Installation Failed - Application Manager Corrupted. Please help!

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a subscription license for Adobe Premeire Pro CS6, and tried to download it following the instructions in the confirmation e-mail.   After installing the application manager and downloading, extracting, and installing the program, I received the error message seen in the image below, "Installation Failed - Adobe Application Manager is corrupted and must be reinstalled".  

So of course I googled it, and found that this was a pretty common problem, and found one site that recommended re-installing the AAM with the following link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-error-403-launching-aam.html

So I did that too.  In addition to restarting my computer, and also tried to download the program directly bypassing the AAM following the instructions on this page:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

All of which was unsuccesful.   I've got a video for my Mom's 60th birthday that I HAVE to complete this weekend, and Adobe's support is closed on the weekends.  I didn't think installing something from a company like Adobe would be this difficult.  Makes me wish I had a Mac.    Can anyone PLEASE help me get Premeire (and Encore) downloaded and installed? 

Any help would be hugely appreciated.   Thanks,

Erik

(Some basic tech info:  Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Mozilla Firefox, and a beast of a gaming rig that should be able to handle a simple Adobe installation)

adobemanagererror.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes me wish I had a Mac.

And what would that achieve? Contrary to urban myths and false propaganda, Macs can be just as terrible, especailly the more recent versions of OSX. And even then you could have just the same problems with Adobe software.

a beast of a gaming rig that should be able to handle a simple Adobe installation)

A good gaming machine must in no way make for a good professional workstation. Your install issue aside, you could have some game-centric graphics configuration that could be potentially useless to Premiere...

Anyway, have you actually clicked on the cute little arrow next to the warning for some more info? Have you trashed the AAM database in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE ? Have you flushed the AAM directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE before reinstalling AAM ? What do your install logs say about the matter? Did you run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and try again?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium, thanks for the suggestions (though frankly I could have done without the condecension, but beggars can't be choosers)

To answer your first question, yes of course I clicked the arrow.   The text below "Installation Failed" is what appears when you expand the warning.  It then tells you that the Application Manager is Corrupt as you can see in the picture.

I checked the install log and it listed the following problems:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: ASU has quit unexpectedly.

ERROR: Media DB Error : 18

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.

These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The errors occurred right after the install was updating media sources, if that means anything:

--------------------  END  - Updating Media Sources -  END  --------------------

[    1792] Fri Jul 06 22:55:25 2012 ERROR

ASU has quit unexpectedly.

[    4540] Fri Jul 06 22:55:25 2012 ERROR

Media DB Error : 18

[    4540] Fri Jul 06 22:55:25 2012  INFO

:: END TIMER :: [Sync Media DB] took 974.443 milliseconds (0.974443 seconds) DTR = 41.0491 KBPS (0.040087 MBPS)

:: END TIMER :: [Total Timer] took 1004.03 milliseconds (1.00403 seconds) DTR = 39.8396 KBPS (0.0389059 MBPS)

I did not run the Suite Cleaner tool because the problem isn't with the install of the program itself (it never actually finishes installing), but with the Insallation manager.  And on another thread, I've heard nothing but horror stories about the Suite Cleaner, and people spending hours with tech support to no avail.  I haven't actually seen anyone who's said it helped their problem.  Though at this point, I don't suppose mine could get any worse (famous last words right?)

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did all of the steps above:

...and got the exact same error message, "Installation Failed - Adobe Application Manager is corrupted and must be reinstalled.  Please contact customer service" 

Unfortunately customer service is closed on the weekends, and I REALLY need this to work today.  

Anyone else have any good ideas?  Can I install Adober Premeire and Encore WITHOUT the AAM?   I tried doing it following the instructions at the following link, but that didn't work for me:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Any other thoughts?   Anything would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maestrokneer I would recommend removing all Adobe Creative Software listed in your Programs & Feature control panel.  When you remove the final installation of Creative Suite software the Adobe Application manager will be removed.  The fact that you had to manually remove the Adobe Application Manager database and directory indicates this was not done previously.

After you have removed the Creative Software you can then run the Cleaner tool again to help ensure there is nothing else remaining on your system.  This step may not be necessary but it is better to invest the 5 minutes to run the cleaner than have a partial installation remaining and have to start back at the beginning with removing all Adobe Creative Software again.

Once you have uninstalled using the normal uninstall method, followed by the cleaner tool, then please repeat the step of downloading the Adobe Application Manager 6.2 which you downloaded previously.  You can also download this from https://creative.adobe.com/ btw.  The direct download is primarily there for users who are having problems updating their Adobe Application Manager.

Once the Adobe Application Manager is installed you can then try running the installation again.  If the installation still fails then I would recommend downloading and installing the trial of Adobe Premiere Pro.  The error messaging will be a bit more verbose during installation.  Once the installation of the trial is complete you can then choose the option to License this Software.  You will want to enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription to license your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resolve your problem?

I have a clean install of Windows 8 64-bit and have just subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud.  I have tried the cleaner tool (though this shouldn't have been necessary as no previous software was installed).

When installing and running Adobe Application Manager 6.2, I get the error: Download Error.  Adobe Application Manager is corrupted and must be reinstalled.  Download now or contact customer support.

Of course, I re-download, reinstall and get the same error regardless of what I do.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bwralane were you able to complete the steps listed in this thread?  This would include also the removal of all Adobe Creative Software as well as the use of the Adobe Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I completed all the steps.  Ran Adobe Cleaner.  Still the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could truely be a download error as the message states.  This would explain why you are facing problems on a newly configured system.  Please try a wired connection as well as trying the steps listed in Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.  However, I am still getting the same error.  I have re-downloaded and reinstalled the application manager multiple times, each time removing all trace of any existing installation, and have run the Adobe Cleaner tool.

The system runs from an Ethernet cable directly connected to the router (no wifi) and have not experienced corruption with any other download, so don't believe my internet connection is unreliable.

I have tried installing and uninstalling, deleting the database files and the program install files.  I have also checked all the items at your link - all to no avail I'm afraid.

(Nb this is a 2 day old Win 8 64 bit system - a few applications and drivers have been installed but nothing out of the ordinary).

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bwrlane I would recommend contacting our support team to work with them directly regarding your current difficulties.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok many thanks.  It's clearly something specific to this computer as it installs without issue on a) my mac laptop and b) another win 8 64 bit system that I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting a similar if not the same error message when trying to run Application Manager, stating that it was corrupt and I should reinstall or contact customer support.

It would then only offer to quit. It also wouldn't get as far as listing the installed applications.

I'm running CS6 on Win 7 64bit. All the apps work fine (so far at least), but not the AAM. 

Just yesterday I managed to resolve the issue by setting the AAM to run as Administrator.

Not obvious as I've only recently migrated from XP (yes - I do miss it already), so the User Account Control stuff was not something I'd used before.

I successfully avoided Vista altogether too.

Bingo, AAM ran and no longer complained about it being corrupt.

It also shows all the installed apps present and correct.

Don't know if this will help, but I noticed you are running Windows too so I thought I'd suggest it.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here with win8 64bit. AAM shows that error even when running as administrator. Would like to see the problem solved as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't solve the problem except by a fresh install of Windows 8 64 bit.  This is curious as it was only a 2-3 day old Windows installation that wasn't working and I had not previously installed or uninstalled any Adobe software.

To summarise, the problem was that after opening AAM, it immediately reported that it was corrupted and would quit.  No amount of re-downloading or reinstalling would fix the problem.

Clearly, there is something interfering with AAM, although it is impossible to tell what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem remains and can be narrowed...

I deinstalled every AAM related program and then I installed the oldest programs (CS5) first and only at last my Photoshop Elements 11. AAM worked until it installed it's own update.

Strange - installing the newest AAM version does not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I downloaded AAM from Creative Cloud subscription today. After finished setup and give it a first run, got corrupted message.

I tried on Windows 8 64-bit (Bootcamp) and Windows 7 64-bit (Parallel 8), found the same error.

FYI, I did download AAM to setup Adobe MUSE and Adobe Dreamweaver from Creative Cloud after finished Windows' setup.

After that, I tried Cleaner tool, and re-download AAM again, still got corrupted.

I agreed with  Marc Kaulisch & bwrlane. Fresh Windows setup and latest AAM from Creative Cloud seems cause the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will put this on my to do list to test this afternoon.  Teerasej where did you download the Adobe Application Manager from?  Was it https://creative.adobe.com/ or from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to duplicate the difficulties experienced with the Adobe Application Manager being corrupted.  I used a fresh virtual machine of Windows 7 64-bit with Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385.  I went to https://creative.adobe.com/ and selected to download Adobe Muse.  This allowed the Adobe Application Manager version 7.0.0.233 to be downloaded and installed.  Once the installation was complete I signed in with my Adobe ID and the download of Muse began automatically.  It then download and installed Muse successfully.

If you are receiving a message that the Adobe Application Manager is being corrupted on multiple computers with this process then we would likely want to look at the Internet connection itself.  Are you on a managed network?  Are the steps above similar to the steps you completed previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by wiping and reinstalling Windows 8. I tried everything I could think of including all the suggestions on this thread but to no avail, including system restore and repair install (of windows). Fortunately a fresh install wasn't quite the nuclear option it sounds as my installation was only 3 days old.

It wasn't my Internet connection as I managed to install it successfully on other computers, re-downloaded and reinstalled it several times, and have never had a problem of corrupted downloads before.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but it seems there was something interfering with AAM and the only solution seemed to be reinstalling windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your support.

My Machine is:

• MacBook Air 13"
  • Intel Core i5 1.7 GHz
  • RAM 4GB
  • Mac OS X 10.8.2

I use Parallel 8 for create & running virtual machine.

My Virtual machine spec is:

• 2 CPUs
  • Memory 1 GB
  • Video Memory 256 MB
  • Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1
  • Google Chrome 24.0.1312.57
  • Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514

I went to https://creative.adobe.com/ to download Adobe Muse. This allowed me to download Adobe Application Manager, but It doesn't show version number.

I downloaded then start the installation. Noticed that when the installation started,  it shows this windows "downloading more Application Manager(?)" and then it started to install.

sc.png

After installed, it opens AAM and show this windows:

sc2.png

I tried to use both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer to install AAM, get same error.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Pro 32-bit, and Windows 8 Pro in Bootcamp, get the same error.

• For Windows 7, I repeated create new VM and do fresh install for 2-3 times, but get same result. (After I finished Windows setup, I go straight to creative.adobe.com to download Muse and install AAM)
  • For Windows 8, I booted in Bootcamp so it should not be the virtual machine problem.)

I tried to remove the installation with Adobe Cleaner Tool and restart the setup process again, but still get same error.

Could you tell me how to see the version number of AAM or the place I can get the log file that might good to send to you to identify the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teerasej you can find the version number by browsing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp.exe.  It will be under the details section when you go to properties.

Since you are using a Macbook Air I would certainly recommend trying with an alternate Internet connection to see if you face the same issue.

You can find the Adobe Application Manager logs in the following locations:

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

Windows Vista/7: \Users\[username]\Local\AppData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

Mac: /User/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

You may want to consider also contacting our support team as they can provide you direct assistance with reviewing your log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By magic, AAM works again. I had a notification at the taskbar that I can install updates. After launching AAM it was downloading and installing updates. Then I run the program again and it updated itself. It looks like that the Adobe AIR updates the last days were important...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am experiencing the same exact problem and am unable to resolve it.  I've called Tier 1 support (Indian Call Center), and went through all the steps that I have already done myself (as outlined above) with no luck.  I'm still getting the corruption error. 

I am using Parallels Workstation Extreme and it is being installed on a Virtual Machine.  The "Extreme" part of Parallels Workstation allows me to assign a discrete graphics card to the VM.  This is uing Intel's vt-d technology for Directed IO.  You mentioned above that you had fired up an instance of Windows 7 64-bit and it worked just fine.  But for some reason, I am unable to duplicate the same success.  The case is now being escalated to "higher" support.  Here is my setup:

- Parallels Workstation Extreme VM - Windows 7 64-bit

- Subscription to Creative Cloud

- Clean Install does not work

- Not a part of any domain, just workgroup

- Home PC, so it connects directly to a router and then to Cox (ISP)

- Has direct assignment of a Network card, meaning the network card is not a bridged connection (the VM gets it's own NIC)

- User account is already Administrator, but tried to "Run as administratot" with no luck.

- After install on the clean Windows didn't work, tried using the Adobe Cleanup Tool - doesn't work either

- Disabled all start up programs from msconfig - doesn't work

- Verified that the (.exe) does work, but coping the same (.exe) to another computer and it works.

I would really appreciate any advice that you may have!

Thanks Jeff!

Here is what I am seeing from the log:

02/24/13 20:50:36:197 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | >>> Adobe Updater Log Begin >>>

02/24/13 20:50:36:197 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : Application Version 7.0.0.42

02/24/13 20:50:36:197 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : cmdline option --> -logFile = C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\aamu.log

02/24/13 20:50:36:197 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : cmdline option --> -logLevel = 2

02/24/13 20:50:36:197 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | Stepped into << UCInitialize >> call

02/24/13 20:50:36:214 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UpdateTracker::CheckSignature(): Missing CSUTracker.xml. Checking if it is updater's first run..

02/24/13 20:50:36:260 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UCInitialize : AAM is launched via CCM.

02/24/13 20:50:36:261 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | Stepped into << UCSetUpdateEnginePath >> call

02/24/13 20:50:36:303 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UCSetUpdateEnginePath : WARNING - Update engine executable signature is not valid = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\..\CCM\..\UWA\Adobe Application Manager (Updater).exe

02/24/13 20:50:36:303 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | Returning from << UCSetUpdateEnginePath >> call error = 26 retVal = 0

02/24/13 20:50:36:303 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | UCInitialize: Failed to set update engine path

02/24/13 20:50:36:303 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 3296 | Returning from << UCInitialize >> call error = 26 retVal = 1

02/24/13 20:51:34:421 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | >>> Adobe Updater Log Begin >>>

02/24/13 20:51:34:422 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : Application Version 7.0.0.42

02/24/13 20:51:34:422 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : cmdline option --> -logFile = C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\aamu.log

02/24/13 20:51:34:422 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : cmdline option --> -logLevel = 2

02/24/13 20:51:34:422 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | Stepped into << UCInitialize >> call

02/24/13 20:51:34:445 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | UCInitialize : AAM is launched via CCM.

02/24/13 20:51:34:446 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | Stepped into << UCSetUpdateEnginePath >> call

02/24/13 20:51:34:496 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | UCSetUpdateEnginePath : WARNING - Update engine executable signature is not valid = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\..\CCM\..\UWA\Adobe Application Manager (Updater).exe

02/24/13 20:51:34:496 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | Returning from << UCSetUpdateEnginePath >> call error = 26 retVal = 0

02/24/13 20:51:34:496 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | UCInitialize: Failed to set update engine path

02/24/13 20:51:34:496 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1392 | Returning from << UCInitialize >> call error = 26 retVal = 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,

As a reference.  Here is my case number with Adobe Support: 184080920

Another note, when I use ADA (Adobe Download Assistant), I am able to download and install the enter Master Collection as a Trial without any problems.  Althought I haven't tried to activate it with my Creative Suite account yet.  So I don't know how that will go.  I did noticed, however, that when I tried to update any of the software in that trial, that it would try to download and install Adobe Application Manager and then run it, thus, I would get the same corruption error again. 

The problem seems to be isolated to AAM...

Thanks Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines