Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Keep actual image size when rotating and exporting to PDF

Jul 7, 2012 12:52 AM

Tags: #pdf #indesign #dpi #image_rotation

When one rotates an image in a non-right angle in InDesign, the resulting image in the PDF, even if looks the same size of the original image when compared save for being rotated, actually shrink in size. That's noticieable when one saves the image from the PDF as the rotated image appears rotated inside the same size of the original, rather than being larger. I fear it may cause some quality loss at print. Is there any workaround around it?

Or it is just a previsualization glitch and the file prints normal? (as while importing the PDF in Illustrator seems to keep the original resolution of the image)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2012 2:25 AM   in reply to Peroyomas

Seems to me it's just a visual distortion glitch due to the mapping of angled pixels to the aligned screen pixels.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2012 2:40 AM   in reply to Peroyomas

Peroyomas wrote:

Or it is just a previsualization glitch and the file prints normal?

I can't see a difference in size between two copies of the same image when one is rotated in a non-right angle and the other is at zero rotation.

From the way your question is worded, I'm not sure what you are doing.

Peroyomas wrote:

…even if looks the same size…actually shrink in size.

If it looks the same size, what makes you think it is not?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2012 1:24 PM   in reply to Peroyomas

If you rotate the frame the size will not change. If you rotate the image inside the frame, and you want the entire image to fit inside the frame as shown, you have to scale it to bring the corners back into the frame, so of course it gets smaller.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points