Skip navigation
michael.ben.d
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble logging in to desktop application

Jun 12, 2012 11:05 AM

Tags: #adobe_story #login_issue

Hi,

I've been a user of Adobe story since the first couple of weeks of it's free trial a year back, but I'm having trouble logging into the desktop application now. Whenever I try to sign in, it gives me the "signing in..." window, but then the window closes and it leaves me on the first page with only two options "learn more" or "sign in."

Another discussion thread told me to delete the "PrivateEncryptedDatak" keychain from the keychain access application, but that didn't help. I also tried deleting the files in the ELS of the AIR application library (aka just moving them so I could return them in case this didn't solve the problem), and that just prompted me to upgrade my account. After putting the files back into the ELS of the AIR application library, it didn't prompt me to upgrade my account but the previous problem remained.

I was able to log into the desktop application about 2-3 weeks ago, no problem. I am still able to log onto the application through the browser without a problem either - except for that it doesn't have the changes I made to my scripts 2-3 weeks ago.

Any help?

Thanks,

Michael

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2012 12:01 AM   in reply to michael.ben.d

In your steps add the following:

- Rename/Delete your local DB (keep a copy of it, this is your data you will need to restore it) ( It can be found at OSX:  /Users/username/Library/Preferences/ com.adobe.AdobeStory.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 If Library folder in not visible then follow the steps listed on this page (http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/access-user-library-folder-in-os-x-lion /) to reach to library folder)

- Now delete the Story keychain.

- It would be better if you reboot the system at this step.

- Now launch the Story and try to login. At this step login should succeed although you will not see your data.

- Close Story, restore your local DB file. Now launch the Story and login, it should work fine.

You can also go through the discussion @ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/790858

Just make sure that whenever it says to delete something you do a rename or keep a copy of that data so it can be restored.

Ideally now AIR application is only for the subscribed users but in case it was already being used that user should be able to use it in offline mode. If none of these solutions work out we can help you extract your data from your local DB.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 12:04 AM   in reply to michael.ben.d

1.0.1006 is the latest version of Story at the moment. Seems like AdobeStory.air file that you have is of a very old version (1.0.649). So if you install an older version it will update it to the latest one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to michael.ben.d

There is also a com.adobe.AdobeStory.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1.plist file. Should I delete this too or just the com.adobe.AdobeStory.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 folder?

>> You should rename/delete both and then restore both of them later on.

Does this mean that I will no longer be able to use the desktop application online? A friend of mine who started using the adobe story with me around the same time (a year ago when adobe was only offering story for free) and he is still able to use his desktop application online. If I can only use the desktop application offline, how will it ever sync with the browser version?

>> The answer to all of the above question is subscription to Story plus.

>> If you are not subscribed to Story plus then you will not be able to use your desktop application online.

>> I am doubtful that your friend is able to use desktop application online unless he is a Story plus user. By online I mean capability to sync, share, working in online mode etc.

>> Your offline desktop application will not be able to sync with browser version, you will need to export the files and then import them back in your online browser application.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2012 11:51 PM   in reply to michael.ben.d

Hi.

Can you propose a time that works for you for a call to resolve this problem?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 6:20 AM   in reply to michael.ben.d

Sorry.

We are not ignoring you. We’ve just been held up. We’ll try to get someone to speak with you in the next two days.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to michael.ben.d

Michael,

I have sent you a message on your yahoo mail to discuss the login issue. Let me know your availability.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points