• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 11-ActiveX

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 7 64bit OS and Internet Explorer 64bit.  I tried to view the video from this URL: http://www.space.com/16249-air-force-x37-b-landing-video-comments.html , but kept getting the prompt that "You need to update your Flash Player".  I've installed and uninstalled the subject player about 3 or 4 times.  It gives the the "installation successful" prompt, but it's not working.  I was going to try to install Flash Player 10, but it's not compatible.  Any suggestions?

The application is listed on my Control Panel/Programs and features.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

I assume that you are using Internet Explorer Version 9, please make sure ActiveX Filtering is not checked.

1) Launch IE9

2) Click on Tools and if ActiveX Filtering is checked, click on it again.

3) Close IE9

4) Launch IE 9 and access that same URL again you mentioned on your Post

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX filtering was checked. I unchecked it an the Flash Player now works.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the video you mentioned using the latest Flash Player without issues.

Could you please see the following page and let us know what you see: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already corrected.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past 2 weeks I have downloaded, installed & removed Adobe Flash Player ActiveX about 50 times.  It still does not work.  I have 5 month old ThinkPad E520, Win 7 64bit, IE9.  I unchecked ActiveX in IE; I went down the detailed Internet option settings re: enabling script, etc.  Closed out IE & watched it "download & install".

Still doesn't work ..... frustrating?  Absolutely.  I have poured hours into trying to figure this out.

On my "Control Panel" it still shows:  "Flash Player (32 bit)" separately.  Then, under 'Programs & Features' it shows "Adobe Flash Drive ActiveX".  The 'Program & Features' section is where the programs are listed & allows one to uninstall them.

I am at a loss as to what the solution is? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further addition to my comments.  I have gone to the link referenced: 

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Each time it show a "blank" area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved!  Key was the "Manage Add Ons" function; need to enable the Shockwave Flash Object. What a headache!  Had to search the internet to find the solution.

Adobe "help" is just a maze of blocked doors and hoops to jump through, registration and chat lines that tell you it is a 'technical problem' not a customer service issue; then, since one has not purchased an Adobe product it is difficult to find any help unless you 'wing it' on the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

w10000 wrote:

Had to search the internet to find the solution.

There is also a FAQ that contains most solutions, e.g. Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines