• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I access the Flash files in Temporary Internet Files?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access the Flash files in Temporary Internet Files?

I have just moved to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9.

When I used Windows XP I could drag and drop a viewed Flash file from Temporary Internet Files to save it if i needed to (I often have to save commercials, newspaper videos, etc for work).

Now I can't even FIND the Flash files in Temporary Internet Files.  All I see are small icon files, etc..

Is there a setting i need to change?

I don't know how to approach this problem.

Thanks.

Charles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of files were these - swf files?

Can you do a search of your C: drive; perhaps IE9 saves them somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files were FLV files.

If I watch a video and then search for FLV on the hard drive I find nothing.

Very strange & very curious.

Could it be that Windows 7 has some sort of "Intellectual Copyright" system that prevents viewed files from ever being present on one's hard drive?

I hope not.

I hope there is simply a settings tweak that someone can point out to me.

Charles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if any of the tips provided on this site will help you  -- http://www.tweakandtrick.com/2011/03/how-to-download-youtube-videos-computer.html

I suspect that the part about configuring your folder options to display hidden as well as protected operating system files would probably allow you to find them.  (By default, they're disabled.)

Tip -- to display the file menu options in "Computer," (formerly known as "My Computer" in Windows XP)  press and hold down the alt key until the menu bar appears at the top.   Then click on "Tools" and "Folder Options."

Please post back if this works.

Ortho_Fan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try configuring Windows 7 to view protected operating system. 

Unfortunately, this did not show me any of the FLV files.

I am beginning to think that either Windows 7 or Internet Explorer 9 are breaking with either Windows XP or earlier Internet Explorers and perhaps are streaming Flash video content without downloading it to ANY temporary folder.

A possible option might include viewing on Firefox, but I have never in the years I have tried it on and off been able to even find where Firefox caches its content.  I'd have to know that before i could even look to see if it cached FLV files.

Charles .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me try this:

1. Does anyone know of a good, safe third-party program that can download & save .flv files directly?

2. Given that the newer Internet Explorer does not appear to save FLV files, does anyone know FIREFOX downloads the FLV files and if so, where would be found?

Charles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines