• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer in CS6 does not work at all

New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the CS6 Premiere Pro Warp stabilizer it starts to analyze but doesn't start to convert after it has finished analyzing.

- Add the Warp Stabilizer

- Blue bar over picture shows up "Analyzing in Background (Part1 of 2)

- Prozess finishes but nothing happens (Source does not get corrected, orange bar never shows up)

- Another blue bar shows "Click Analyze to begin"

When pressing Analyze the process starts over again without any result.

The used footage is some mxf from a Canon C300

The used PC gots 8 cores, 32GB Memory

Update:

When using a different Clip, or if i shorten the problematic clip, it seems to work now

Info to problematic clip:

File Path: xxx.MXF

Type: XDCAM-HD Movie

File Size: 44.5 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 25.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Mono

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono

Total Duration: 00:00:07:05

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Compression Type: MPEG 4:2:2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in fact ...it does work.

And that would be my experience too.

Why post a header as you did?  "....does not work at all"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the first few files did'nt work at all and some only do by changing the lenght in the comp, which is not really an option.

I also marked the update status when i got it working for some files.

After all it still doesn't work for some files as it should.

I hope there's an fix soon to come...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32GB Ram and a current 6 core (hybperthreaded 12) cpu should be more then enough for 180 frames to be stabilized...
Definitely not a memory problem.

But thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 6 approximately one minute clips that need the warp stabilizer applied, then all six will be produced into one video. A comment was made to do each clip individually, save, and then combine the individually stabilized clips back into the project, or something to that effect.

I have the CS6 Master Collection, so what I need to know is some specifics as to what application is best to use to stabilize the individual clips, and what extensions to save-as before bringing back into PrPro for the final additions/transitions and then exporting the project.

I use a Windows 7 Pro CPU (64-bit OS, AMD Phenom II x 4 925 Processor 2.80 GHz), 8 GB RAM memory, 8 GB exFAT ReadyBoost. All clips were shot in HD. I'm somewhat green and your good advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Ken   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

That is not exactly what was meant by breaking up the footage.

Put all of the clips on the same timeline if you wish. Just apply the Warp Stabilizer to each one. It will take some time to analyze the footage, and you probably ought to think about what you want to do with any sections that are really too shaky to properly fix. Usually a little B-roll takes care of that, or use time remapping to create some slow motion for the area just before the problem footage, so you can possibly cut out the offending frames. Or use a snapshot.

One minute is a lot of frames. However, sometimes you have no choice.

Some footage is just too terrible to use. Don't try to save it. Just use the Stabilizer of slightly shaky footage. Slightly. OK?

No need to use any other programs. No exporting until the project is finished.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BGuys I have wxcatly the same problem. But in my case NOTHING HAPPEN every time when I want to use Stabilization. I only see this frame bar in every segment on my project:

http://i.imgur.com/imgO4Qi.png

And I can't do anything. When I start to add this stabilization I will be see this blue bar till I close my project.

My computer is very good for video montage: i7 3930k 6xcore (12 core), GeForce 660 GTX and 32 GB RAM

I also notice one interesting thing. I have to close my project and open again to see options of this effect (last time in "effects" menu I don't see any FX added in this place, so I can't modify anything). Then... When I add a Warp Stabilizer effect to my clip, "Warp Stabilizer" is adding 3x the same FX.

When I go to "effects" menu I always see a 3 times the same effect added. I don't know why this happened. I drag and drop one time and I always see 3 times only this effect in my "effects" menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Pro is acting weird: close PPro.

Start PPro with holding down Shift+Alt until welcome screen.

Then clean out Media Cash.

See if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem but with XF300 MXF footage.

Warp Stabilizer doesn't work in Premiere for me and I have to use After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with Warp and MXF (just applied updated  patch files from Adobe this morning before starting.). MXF footage, 1250 frames. 8GBs RAM. Lots of RAM available according to task manager (2.5 GBs free). Can't get past the Click to Analyze phase (I ran analyze twice). So I went ahead and exported to MXF setting. Got to 99% and is stuck there, with 0 time remaining.   However, TM shows it's still "running".

When I cancel nothing happens, CS 6 does not respond, eventuallly crashes, and I restart.., found the footage that was being converted in the Acobe Project directory, but it is not converted and shows Click Analyze to Begin banner on the whole bit (G). Fun!

Back to CS 5.5 and wait for fix?

Shot on MX105

XDCAM-HD Movie

File size 264.6 MB

Image size 1280x720

Frame Rate: 29.97

Compression type: MPEG 4:2:2

Duration: 42:15 (42 seconds)

Windows 7 Ultimate

SP1

Dell

Studio XPS8100 i7 870@2.93 GHz

8 GB RAM

CS 5.5 seems to be working fine, though I don't have PS installed on it, so have to move all footage needing to be converted to my Mac, PITA.

Thanks in advance. Hope this helps Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed CS6 and now Wap Stabiliser in Premiere Pro works fine, but I can no longer use the "Replace with After Effects composition" option.

I'm seriously considering going back to 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coyut, Al and Angelis66

I haven't been able to reproduce the issues you have listed. I've tested with files from C300, XF300 and MX100 plus others. Each time I get the expected behavior.

Are you adjusting any of the Warp Stabilizer settings or leaving the default settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the default settings. I don't know how long I'm supposed to wait for it to come back to me. It's a short clip, so I would assume 10 minutes max???? Were your files you tested shot in slo mo? Not that it should matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW

Win7 CS6 24gb ram i7

During the weekend I used Warp Stabiliser on a single avchd clip of 4 mins..6 secs duration.  ( Effect Default settings)

The entire process took approx. 12 minutes per minute of footage  and was successful. 

I exported the clip as an intermediate from the project I had set up just for this stabilising task..

Issue then was...it was taking  a very long time to save the project...so I cancelled it.  (Did not have time to wait for it)

Project size bloomed from 384kb to 17325kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disparity between the warp stabilizer in AE and the one in PrPro should reported as bugs so that they can be fixed. Inherent warp-stabilizer problems, like inordinately long rendering times or project size mushrooming should be reported as feature requests so that the effect can be optimized in future versions.

Warp stabilizer is a useful effect but it still has some serious limitations at this time. For best results, it's good to keep your clip size shorts and be judiciosu about what type of content you're applying it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear...I was impressed with the time ( 1 hour) it took to stabilise my 4 minute clip.

Also : I had to stabilize the entire clip because it was a one scene,  movie for a short film competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooterz, my comment was not aimed directly at you. I only hit reply to your comment out of convenince. It's good to know what your user scenario was. I have some long clips (10-20 minutes) that I have tries to stabilize for essentially the same reason (because the represented one contiguous shot), and have had enormous difficulties getting them to complete successfully.

All: There are already bugs logged against such perfrmance limitations, which is why I suggested that those sort of things should really be logged as enahncement requests... but if you log them as bugs anyways, no harm. (I was going to clarify my earlier post as such, but for some reason the 'edit' option is currently unavailable to me on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I still have the Mercalli/ Prodad stabilizer, just updated for free to the new CS6 supported version.

Always works well, no matter the lenght of the clip.

I think the Warp is slightly better but for now Mercalli is the way to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. The stabilizer works fine in After Effects. The same shot in Premiere does not give any result after the rendering. The rendered result is not transfered to the timeline. (the 3D cameratracker is not really working in either program)

EDIT: I found I need to render the timeline (by pressing enter) to render the effect again. So, the analyzer stabilizes everything, but doesn't apply the results unless you render the timeline, again.

This means twice the render time, compared to After Effects. I think it's a program coding error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeoffVane wrote:

The same here. The stabilizer works fine in After Effects. The same shot in Premiere does not give any result after the rendering. The rendered result is not transfered to the timeline. (the 3D cameratracker is not really working in either program)

EDIT: I found I need to render the timeline (by pressing enter) to render the effect again. So, the analyzer stabilizes everything, but doesn't apply the results unless you render the timeline, again.

This means twice the render time, compared to After Effects. I think it's a program coding error.

Check your Project size?  Premiere has a problem with Warp Stabilizer where it will increase your project to unmanageable sizes.  Premiere will slow down to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no extreme Premiere project size. Just the double rendering. I'll keep using AE for the time being, until the issue has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that is why my project file is heading for 600,000 KB on a 25 minute single timeline !

Project save/autosave is odd, sometimes it is OK, others it seems to take forever.

I too have Mercalli and get good results there.  I find that Warp is successful only on fairly static clips, and even there, I have had some odd results, e.g. an unexplained zoom in mid-clip, and some alarming jello effects where there is moving water in the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to BUMP.

I am doing a 5hrs and 23mins of vacation video which has lots os shanky camera parts. My video hangs on to 'Analyzing in background (Step 1 of 2)' I have left it going on from 5pm last night on to today. Should it really take that long?

I have 4GB RAM, Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it might be even longer with that amount of memory and probably the lacking CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines