• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 32 Bit installs in my Windows 7 64 Bit computer.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Win 7 64 Bit, Explorer 9 with ActiveXFiltering removed, downloaded & installed latest version Flash Player but when I checked Control panel I found 32 Bit Flash Player installed. Unininstalled then again downloaded & run installation but still installed 32 Bit version. According to website I have Flash Player installed but I cannot run a program (BBC iPlayer DeskTop) that requires 64 Bit Flash player Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Installing a different browser is never a "solution".  Check with the Task Manager's Processes tab that no instance of iexplore.exe is running in the background.  Also any messengers, chat clients, Skype, etc. must be closed when running the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Note that the Flash Player Settings Manager in Control Panel is only a 32-bit applet; on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see attatched.

Regards

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no attachment.  Attachments (images) can only be posted directly in the forum, using the camera icon.

Your topic is http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1033853

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry about that please see below

SysWOW64.jpg.System32.jpg

Regards

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you have both 32-bit and 64-bit Flash Player add-ons for Internet Explorer.  Does it work?  See http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

As for your BBC iPlayer DeskTop; if it requires the Flash Player plugin, you haven't installed it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all above but had problems re installing Flash player twice, half way thru download installation stopped saying 'Close Internet Explorer' that was already closed. So I gave in and installed Google Chrome to make it main browser then deleted & reinstalled Air/BBC iPlayer Desktop and it is now all working.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing a different browser is never a "solution".  Check with the Task Manager's Processes tab that no instance of iexplore.exe is running in the background.  Also any messengers, chat clients, Skype, etc. must be closed when running the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

Did check Task Manager & I had stopped Skype but I gave in. I did have issues with Explorer also before so changing browser was not a problem.

Regards

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply directed me to the 2 locations as I am seeing strange things with ADOBE.  I have had to do multiple installs also.  I have Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Latest IE9 32 and 64bit and Firefox 13.0.1.   I looked into C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MICROMED\FLASH and all entries are *64(FLASHUTIL64_11_3_300_265_ACTIVEX).   C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\MACROMED\FLASH and all entries are *32(FLASHUTIL32_11_3_300_265_ACTIVEX).         

This seems backward.  YOUTUBE videos do seem to run in both browsers .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LVNVUS wrote:

This seems backward.

It seems, but it is not.  Some reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great information at wikipedia.  I, and others, are still facing the problem of losing the Flash connection when shutting down for the night.  Are there cookies that need to be added to a list so they never get removed?  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@LVNVUS - If Flash Player stops working after rebooting your computer, please try the steps oulined in this FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dibbens wrote:

According to website I have Flash Player installed but I cannot run a program (BBC iPlayer DeskTop) that requires 64 Bit Flash player Any ideas?

Does that program require the Flash Player ActiveX Control, or the plugin?  If you only have the ActiveX Control (for Internet Explorer) installed, then you may also need the plugin (for other browsers).  Get it from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines