Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to convert Lightroom 4 trial version to full version ?

Jul 8, 2012 7:36 AM

I have Lightroom 4 trial version installed and want to buy it. When I click on "Buy" I get two options: download or physical delivery. I don't want either of these. I simply want to buy a registration number (or whatever it's called) so that I can activate the installed version (I'm assuming that if I download and install Lightroom 4 again I'll have to import al my photos again, re-construct the catalog, etc. etc.).

How can I simply purchase a registration of the installed trial version ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to pacman110

You can just purchase a download version. You will receive a serial number to use with this, and be taken to a page where you can dowload. But you don't need to use this download link, if you have already downloaded the software. You can just enter the serial number that you have been supplied with, into the software you are already using, and that will make it become licensed.

in other words there is no practical difference between what you get from the "download a trial" link on the Adobe website, and what you get from the "download purchased software" link.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2012 3:56 AM   in reply to pacman110

Actually, your assumption above, that re-installing Lightroom would lose all your work, is totally wrong. Uninstalling (or installing over the top of) your current version keeps all your data. It merely replaces the program.

Hal

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points