Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure Captions

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 5

Hi people, I am new to Captivate only been using for a couple of days. I use it at work to create interactive guides for disabled students. When using failure captions is it possible to make them appear after a certain amount of wrong clicks? Also I have discovered if I click randomly on a slide about four times it skips to the next slide, obviously I do not want it to do this as we want the user to actually click in the right places and so on before it moves to the next slide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

As per you description, it seems that you are using Click box.

On a quiz there is an option to increase the failure level (On a quiz slide, under Quiz properties) but on a click box, failure caption appears as soon as you click outside the area associated to that cilck box.

About the random click, just want to confirm did you click on the click box when you were clicking randomly (If "action" for the click box is "Go to next slide", then it will move to next slide)

Hop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

As per you description, it seems that you are using Click box.

On a quiz there is an option to increase the failure level (On a quiz slide, under Quiz properties) but on a click box, failure caption appears as soon as you click outside the area associated to that cilck box.

About the random click, just want to confirm did you click on the click box when you were clicking randomly (If "action" for the click box is "Go to next slide", then it will move to next slide)

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much! Solved the issue about moving to the next slide after random clicks.

Quick question about the quiz, am I able to still use interactive features like click boxes and text entry boxes?

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot add interactive objects to a regular quiz slide. What do you want to achieve there?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would like to have more details before offering a solution.. Like Vikram asks: are you talking about click boxes, and if yes, did you add them yourself or were they created when capturing a software training simulation? Do you have only one click box on a slide or multiple?  And is it possible to post a screenshot of the timeline of the slide, to see more about your random clicks? Each click box normally pauses at the end of its timeline, want to see of the click boxes are staggered if you have more than one?  Check the Action properties of the click box: there is a Success action (when the user has clicked on the click box) and Failure, which will only be visible if you limited the number of attempts.

If you want to show a text caption after a number of wrong clicks, this is possible:

1. uncheck the failure caption, put the number of allowed attempts for the click box in its Properties panel
  2. Create a text caption that will replace the Failure caption and set it to invisible (Properties panel, uncheck 'Visible' in the top portion)
  3. As Failure action (will be executed after exhaustion of the attempts) choose Show and in the dropdown list the name of the custom text caption that you created

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To confirm I was clicking randomly around the screen, nothing to do with click boxes, and Vikram's solution appeared to work.

Thanks Lilybiri as the showing a text caption after a number of wrong clicks works. Also I was not sure what was possible to do when using quiz slides so they will not be any use to me for what I'm trying to achieve at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I've realised I was wrong about the randomly clicking problem, the video I have inserted shows you that when I randomly click around the screen after a certain amount of clicks it moves to the next slide even though I have not clicked in the click box. Also on the slides with text entry boxes it moves to the next slide even when I type such things as "fhfhdh" instead of what its actually meant to accept and with my text entry boxes I have added the Enter key as a shortcut as this is how the software works that the students interact with.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't see the link between the answer you marked as correct and the behavior you did see, but you marked it as correct so...

Have to see the properties of the click box: when you click randomly you are clicking outside of the click box and normally the Failure caption should show up. If the attempts are set to Infinite normally you should be able to click as many times as you wish and the playhead would stay at the same place, in your case at about 1.5secs

Same happens with TEB: please show me the properites, is the TEB to be validated, how many attempts do you allow....

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry It seemed to work at the time. I think my solution for this is that I allow 3 attempts then have a caption pop up telling the user where to click, then duplicate the slide then if then get it wrong another 3 times on the duplicated slide (but they shouldnt as I have told them what to do in the first caption) then another caption will pop up saying they have got it wrong too many times and it will then move on to the next slide. Thanks so much for the help though Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not understand what you want, because this seems now different from your first question. Beware: if you duplicate slides, that means that the score of that question will be included twice in the total score! Check Advanced Interaction panel (F9) to see all scored objects and questions.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stumbled upon an issue with the showing a text caption after a number of wrong clicks solution, on slides with click boxes once the slide duration has been played and then you use the number of wrong clicks the caption does not appear but it does appear if you use the number of wrong click within the slide duration time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not understand very well this issue. Could you post a screenshot of the timeline, and of the PI for the click boxes?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just wanted to ask quickly, my boss uses Captivate 6 and has told me when he is making a simulation he is finding trouble with text entry boxes on consecutive slides, on the first text entry slide it looks like someone has already clicked into the text entry box and allows you to type straight away without having to click into the box which is great and is exactly what we want, but if we have more than 1 slide with text entry boxes then it does not already click into the box (it allows works on the first slide, but never on follwing slides). I have tested this in Captivate 5 and it works how it should, could this be a bug with Captivate 6???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources